67 | Notes.

"Well, are you going to apologize?"

Naseem stood at the doorstep, as his feet slightly shuffled against the mat, hesitating to answer the question, he casually shrugged, "Maybe."

Kainaat's mother burst out in cackles, "What do you mean by maybe? if you keep that attitude up, i don't think Kainaat would see your face kid." she replied, making him groan.

"Oh well, you're not helping." Naseem sulked.

"What exactly on earth have you done that's made Kainaat this mad at you— i don't understand, she's been off since yesterday evening, i need answers." she asked.

Naseem sighed, "We had a petty argument."

Kainaat's mother chuckled once again, staring down at Naseem, "I can sense your lies, Kainaat doesn't pay attention to petty arguments alot, what is the truth—"

"Please, let me atleast have a chat with her? i've been out of my mind yesterday, plus i know Kainaat must've been missing me aswell, i suppose it's better if you let me in." Naseem said, getting impatient.

She frowned, "The questions haven't been answered for your information, and if you plan on being stubborn any longer, she'll hold a grudge and so will i."

Naseem pleaded as the door slammed on his face, not getting atleast a glimpse of Kainaat, she didn't answer his calls nor his texts, she passed him the cold shoulder like nothing.

But he wasn't ready to give up either, Naseem walked all the way back to the other part of their house, stepping over trenches in their yard, looking for Kainaat's window.

Of course he was planning to do the unthinkable.

"Lord, watch over me." he quietly muttered, placing his hands on the pipe, pulling up his weight as he soon placed his legs on it aswell, dragging himself up.

Naseem's shoes squeaked against the pipe, outing him, he prayed to not get shot by her father, as he continued making his way up to her window.

"Fuck." Naseem cussed under his breath, arriving at Kainaat's glass window, he took a peek, not wanting to get noticed that quickly, he felt as if he wanted to surprise her, or give her a slight jumpscare.

Peeping into her room like a peeping-tom, Naseem didn't see her presence for a split second making him sulk again, wondering where she was at this time.

Naseem pursed his lips, preparing himself to go back down— until his eyes caught her figure, sitting on her desk, scribbling something down, he partially noticed her hair, falling onto her face as she pushed them back.

"Holy smokes." he whispered, grinning and gripping onto the window tile, just admiring her while he can, gulping at the sight of her, until he mustered enough courage to knock up.

~

knock!

I flinched even at the slight sound of knuckles against something, taking a minute to think if i was hallucinating or not to hear a knock at this hour, then the noise appeared again.

"What?— oh my god." i frowned, partially about to scream my lungs out as i looked over to see Naseem's grinning face against my window, which was creepy.

I got up from my chair, to unlock the window, once i opened the window, he crawled up as i stared at him with a stern expression, Naseem huffed, sitting back up.