Chapter 13

The Goenka's were surprised and mad while Aaru, Vansh and Kairav's faces looked like they knew something like this was going to happen. Before anyone could say anything, Suhasini Devi stood up and declared "Sorry Manjiri ji but Akshara and Abhimanyu's marriage won't take place." The Birla's weren't shocked with Goenka's decision, they expected this but the same can't be said about Manjiri, Neil or Abhimanyu. They can't understand why Suhasini Devi would reject their proposal. "But Suhasini Ji Abhi loves Akshara a lot and wishes to get married to her. How can you reject this proposal? Why are you saying no without even thinking about this first or asking Akshu?" Manjiri asked. Suhasini Devi turned towards Manjiri and replied "Manjiri Ji I understand that Abhimanyu loves Akshara but Akshara doesn't love him, she doesn't even know him properly. If Akshara loved him I wouldn't have any problem with this marriage. If Akshara truly liked someone she would've told us about it, Akshu never hides anything from us. However, she never mentioned anything like this. If my granddaughter wishes to marry someone we will not say no to that person. I understand you came here with a lot of hopes but Akshara and Abhimanyu's marriage won't happen. I hope you understand that."

Being the stubborn person she is, Manjiri didn't listen and questioned Suhasini Devi "How could you say this without asking your granddaughter's opinion Suhasini Devi? Maybe she loves Abhimanyu and was too scared to tell you. Did you ever ask her about this?" To say the Goenka's were angry was wrong. They are beyond angry. Akshu was especially frustrated; she isn't able to understand why Manjiri Birla was so stubborn. She doesn't like Abhimanyu and yet his mother was trying to force this marriage to happen, she was thankful her Mimi is stopping this ridicule from taking place. "Okay, I know my granddaughter very well but still to make you and your family understand things better I will ask her myself in front of you guys, then maybe you can understand," Suhasini Devi said to Manjiri and turned towards Akshu "Akshu whatever is in your heart just say it, okay?" Akshu nodded her head and Suhasini Devi asked her "Do you want to marry Abhimanyu Birla?" "No Mimi, I don't want to marry him." "Do you love Abhimanyu Birla?" "No Mimi, I don't love him, never did and never will." Akshu replied to Suhasini Devi's questions. Manjiri wasn't happy with Akshara's answers, so she held her shoulders and said "Akshara, beta you don't have to be scared of anyone, especially not your family. If they oppose your marriage with Abhi, you can leave them and I will take care of everything."

Everyone who was present and were watching this, aka the Goenka's, Birla's and Dvapara Vasis were shocked by Manjiri's words. "Hey Narayan, what is this lady saying? Is this how someone talks to a young girl? Leave her family? Aarohi was correct when she said this family isn't correct for Akshu." Patrani Uruvi said. "You are absolutely right Uruvi Bhabhi, this woman is crazy, who says to a girl that she should leave her family and go with strangers. She should be staying away from Akshu for everyone's sanity." Replied Dushala. "Manjiri Mam what are you saying? Is this how you talk to someone? Akshu doesn't love Abhimanyu and you are forcing her to accept him and are advising her to leave her family even after she told she feels nothing for your son? This wrong Manjiri mam. Being the elder one, why can't you understand that Akshu doesn't like Abhimanyu and leave this issue here?" Aarohi asked Manjiri in frustration. "Besides Manjiri Ji a girl has a right to accept and reject a proposal and Akshu didi rejected yours on her own terms, which means she doesn't like Abhimanyu nor wants to get married to him. We want you to respect her decision and leave." Rishu stated firmly.

"You are also forcing Akshara to a marriage she doesn't want to happen. How could you do this? You are supposed to be older than her and are acting like this. Abhimanyu, Dr. Mahima is this how things work in your house? Please take your mom and leave immediately. We don't want you here." Surekha said in utter disappointment. Akshara had enough of all this, she moved Manjiri's hands off of her and walked towards Abhimanyu and asked "Did I ever tell you that I loved you?" Abhimanyu replied "No." "Did I ever talk to you unnecessarily or on my own will?" "No." "Did I tell you I want to marry you? Or did I ever tell you to come to my house and ask my family's permission for a marriage?" "No, no you didn't. You never said any of that. Neither did I tell you that I love you, but I truly do and wish to marry you. I promise Akshu I will take care of you; I will treat you like a princess, just give me a single chance." Abhimanyu stated disappointed. "Then how did you think this so-called wedding would take place? Don't you know both sides have to agree for a wedding to happen? Even after I mentioned I don't love you or want to get married to you, why are you still forcing this to happen?" Akshara yelled, having enough from both his mom and him.