Chapter 10

The screen started playing and it was the next morning. The Goenka elders were gathered at the dining table talking and having breakfast, well almost everyone. The eldest member of the house is worried and hasn't said a word so far. Swarna who noticed this asked her "Maa what happened? You are so quiet and you haven't touched any food, are you okay?" Suhasini nods her head as a positive but the rest weren't convinced. "Maa, you look tense and anxious. You haven't eaten anything and have been spacing out since morning. Please tell us what happened maa? We are worried about you?" Manish asked his mother. Suhasini looked at all four of them (Manish, Akhilesh, Swarna, Surekha) with tears in her eyes and replied "Nothing Manish. I don't know why but today I am being reminded of our Kaira more than usual. I feel like she is close to us yet she isn't. We don't even know if she is alive. That thought itself is destroying me from the inside. Years, I have waited years for Kaira to come home, walk through those doors and unite with our family. But it looks like fate has something against us. First it took Naira away from us then Kaira was kidnapped. Then Sirat and Karthik. My kids are all leaving me and I can't do anything about it but cry."

Swarna who was crying listening to Suhasini said "I don't know why Maa but I too feel the same. Also, the girls were asking about Kaira's space in their rooms. It was so sad to hear them asking that. Every time it reminds me they don't know about their elder sister. Their Krishna. It breaks my heart." Suhasini erased her tears and defeatedly replied to Swarna "That's all we can do Swarna, we just have to look at this incomplete family and be happy that at least the rest of the kids are here with us. Manish, I want to meet the rishi in Krishna temple today after lunch. Make arrangements for that." Saying this Suhasini left from there. Manish and Akhilesh went into the office room to call the temple rishi and start working. Swarna and Surekha went into the kitchen. They all looked tired due to which no one noticed a certain someone hearing their conversation. That person went back upstairs to their room.

The Dvapara Vasis felt bad for the Goenka's. "This is sad. I don't know how the family will be when all the kids come back to Dvapara Yug. They will be heartbroken." Maharani Gandhari said in guilt. "True Jiji they will have to go through the same emotions we are going through. The kids look like their only source of living. The way Suhasini and Swarna cried about the people they lost and Krishna breaks my heart." Kunti agreed with her. Everyone in the audience were quietly murmuring about how sad it was, everyone but one. Devi Niyati turned towards that person and asked "What do you think about this Drupad Kanya?" Draupadi softly smiled and replied "How does anyone's thinking affect the present Devi Niyati. It is true that the Goenka's will be sad when their kids come here but it's the kids who will be truly heartbroken. It is sad that the children have to once again be separated from their families but one cannot escape his karma. You are the one who said they were born to save the Kuru Vansh. Then how can they do that without any hardships? I have learnt a lot of things in my life Devi Niyati among them is the harsh truth that every birth has a reason behind it. Some crucial and some small but they will achieve it and they will face many hardships along the way. The same thing will happen to those kids. We cannot expect a rock to turn into a diamond without putting pressure on it Devi Niyati, they are the same."

To say the audience were stunned would be wrong. Draupadi's reply earned many reactions. Some were shocked at what she said while some agreed with her, but everyone knew the kids will truly be heartbroken when they find out the truth. "What badi maa Draupadi said is true but who was the person who heard their conversation?" Iravan asked out loud. "I feel like we might find out who it is soon, Rajkumar." Samay Dev answered. The screen continued playing and it showed an airport. Samay Dev explained to the Dvapara vasis about airports and airplanes. Kaira could be seen getting off of a flight and into a car. She told the cab driver an address and they went there. Kaira went inside the house with her luggage. She looked around the house and settled in whatever things she currently had. After getting freshened up, she called the truck company to know when her furniture and other things will reach. Karna was feeling proud seeing his daughter become independent and strong.