꧁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐 : 𝓑𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝓬𝓱𝓸 ꧂

Christmas has wrapped you and Xiao in its enchanting embrace, the heavy snowfall painting everything in sight with a pristine layer of white

Christmas has wrapped you and Xiao in its enchanting embrace, the heavy snowfall painting everything in sight with a pristine layer of white. You find yourselves at a mountain resort, your small wood cabin adorned with twinkling lights, nestled among trees heavy with snow.

Curiosity and anticipation stir within you as you wonder about the adventures awaiting at the resort and how Xiao will adapt to this new environment. You hope he'll find as much joy in it as you do.

"Let's go inside," Xiao says, his hand clasping yours, warmth seeping from his touch as he leads you towards the wooden cabin door.

You're bundled up in a long scarf, a beanie, and gloves, Xiao's insistence on wearing ample warm clothing a testament to his care, knowing well your tendency to dismiss the cold.

Before you can reply, excitement overtakes you, and you dash outside into the snow, your face alight with joy.

"Well, someone is excited," Xiao chuckles, his laughter echoing in the crisp air as he watches you frolic towards the snowy expanse from the doorway. Despite his initial hesitation, he can't resist joining you, quickly donning a jacket and hat before stepping into the cold.

You smirk, a playful glint in your eyes, as you scoop up a handful of snow, launching it directly at Xiao's face.

"What the-" Xiao's startled exclamation cuts through the air as the snow splatters across his face, leaving him with a look of mock indignation.

"I'm gonna get you back, you know?" he warns, a playful threat in his voice as he scoops his own handful of snow, only for you to dart away with a laugh, evading his retaliation.

"You're too slow, Xiao~! You're gonna have to do better than that!" you taunt, the thrill of the chase adding to the exhilaration of the moment.

"Oh, is that so? I'll show you how quickly I can catch you," Xiao counters, determination lacing his words as he closes the distance between you. You let out a yelp, the sound mingling with laughter as you attempt to flee from his advance.

Another snowball flies, hitting Xiao squarely as he prepares to throw his own, the snow tumbling down his clothes, a cold surprise that only fuels his playful glare.

Giggling, you turn to run once more, only to find yourself tripping, the world tilting as you fall face-first into the snow.

"Shoot," Xiao mutters, concern quickly replacing his playful demeanor as he rushes to your side, his hands gentle as he helps you up, brushing the snow from your face and hair with tender care.

"Are you alright?" he asks, his voice laced with worry, his hands working to remove the cold remnants from your hair, bringing you closer to share his warmth.

You chuckle softly, despite the shiver that runs through you, "I'm fine," you manage, the cold biting at your words.

"Oh my god, you're freezing. Why are you like this?" Xiao's exasperation is tinged with affection as he continues to brush the snow away, his actions protective.