꧁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 : 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 ꧂

You and Xiao navigate through the bustling train station, the tide of passengers surging with each departing train

You and Xiao navigate through the bustling train station, the tide of passengers surging with each departing train. The tightly packed space is chaotic and uncomfortable, shouts and shoves surrounding you.

"This is insane, what the hell?!" Xiao's voice cuts through the cacophony as he comments on the overwhelming crowds. The madness around you only seems to intensify, drowning out Xiao's words in the roar of people and trains.

"Stay close to me. I'll make sure no one gets near you," Xiao's grip on your wrist is firm as he guides you through the sea of people.

"Hey!" As he pulls you along, you can't help but notice the feeling of protection and warmth. Your eyes shyly meet Xiao's, his proximity causing a blush to creep across your cheeks as you navigate the throng.

His eyes catch yours, and he senses your nervousness. His cheeks flush slightly as he glances away, murmuring, "I can't believe I'm feeling this way, especially with my own target..."

"Sorry. I just feel like I need to shield you from these creeps." His voice draws your attention back, his gaze scanning the surroundings, a subtle mix of worry and tension etched into his expression.

"Whatever..." The flutter in your chest persists as Xiao continues guiding you through the crowd, his grip providing a sense of security.

Xiao teases, a playful grin forming. "What am I going to do with you? Do I not deserve any praise for protecting you?" His mischievous tone meets your ears, and you can't help but feel a rush of embarrassment, your cheeks warming.

The teasing only intensifies your blush, and you muster a retort, trying to appear tough despite the heat in your cheeks. "That's what a bodyguard's supposed to do, you idiot!"

Xiao's amusement grows at your response, and he playfully prods further. "Show some appreciation, will you? I can't even get a thank you or a smile!"

"Thank you! Are you satisfied now?" Your words tumble out, and Xiao holds your gaze, a hint of amusement in his eyes. After a moment, he chuckles and nods, his expression content.

📣BEEP📣

Amidst the chaos, an announcement echoes, notifying the delay of your train. Anxiety gnaws at you as you consider the growing crowd and the prolonged wait.

"Damn, I can't stand this!" Xiao's frustration simmers as he taps his foot, irritated by the poorly organized train schedule. The crowd swells as the delay stretches on, tempers flaring.

You stand your ground, determination cutting through the tension. "I'll still swim in the ocean, even if it's dark outside!"

Xiao's teasing continues. "No fear, huh? What about sharks?"

"There are no sharks!" Your defense is met with a smirk, and your blush deepens.

"And sea monsters?" Xiao's playful interrogation pushes your embarrassment further.