11: Not So Soon & What Am I Doing?

Start from the beginning

"I'm just joking around with you, Y/N. Jimin showed me your résumé and I agreed you would be a great addition to the firm. He can teach you the ins and outs of the market, and it will be a great addition to your résumé for any future jobs you may go on to do. It's hard to get into our firm...we keep it very tight-circle around here." He took a deep breath. "But, Jimin assured me that you could be trusted...Just don't get too caught away in here, you two. We have deals to close and money to make!" his dad exclaims, making me slightly fake smile at his joke.

His dad was adorable, and it seemed like Jimin was pretty close with him. But Jimin did seem a bit nervous...why?

"Appa, it's not like that," Jimin lies, making me look up to him with disbelief written all over my face.

"Okay, son...but I was once young, too! And damn, do I miss your mother," he sighs, shaking his head, then turns to me. "Please keep him in check, he needs it. You seem like a wonderful lady, Y/N. Nice to meet you...and I'll see you both tomorrow!" his dad exclaims, nodding to both of us before leaving Jimin's office.

I slightly nodded back, but he was already gone.

"Make sure you eat, Appa!" Jimin yells after him, shaking his head at his dad's antics.

There was a bit of an awkward silence when Jimin walked back over to his desk to pack up for the day.

"He's a character," I whisper, breaking the quietness as I let out a little chuckle.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't, it's fine," I lie, nodding to just make myself believe it.

Would he have actually had sex with me if his dad didn't interrupt? Yet here he was lying to his dad that I was nothing to him, just his assistant.

"It's not fine...but I couldn't just tell him that we-"

"Seriously...I don't need an explanation. Like you said, we should keep it professional at work. We made a mistake getting too caught away, we-"

"Did we?" he asks aggressively, now walking towards me again. "So everything in the halls, my place, the club...was a mistake...Desire?" he hisses, his husky voice sending a shiver down my spine.

I backed up against the wall again, gulping in nervousness.

"Would you have fucked me minutes ago? If your dad wouldn't have-"

"Yes," he retorts with authority. "I was gonna bend you over on my desk, sweetheart. Fuck you until your legs turned numb," he coos sinisterly, making me lick my lips fast.

"Jimin, I-"

"What? Backing out again?" he grits, twitching his jaw.

"I've never backed out, and you fucking know that. Something or someone just always stops us," I hiss, sighing as I break eye contact with him.

He huffed and shook his head, taking a step back from me. We were clashing, I could feel it. We had this undeniable sexual attraction towards each other, yet we still haven't been able to explore it.

But...wasn't it more than just that?

After he didn't say anything, I took that as my cue to leave his office.

"I'm gonna go pack up my things for the day," I murmur, looking down at my feet.

Still nothing, so I turn around to leave, walking out to my desk. As I was packing up my tote, throwing my cell phone in my bag, I thought my day couldn't get any more bizarre when...Emma was walking in my direction, with Jimin's office being her finish line.