Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Are you nervous?" She asks me meeting my eyes on the mirrors reflection.

"More excited than nervous. It's my first official date with a guy I really like. I've been holding back on my feelings for him for so long and finally I get to act upon them." I confess.

"I'm happy for you Kenny. You've been talking about this guy non-stop. If he is half as great as you describe him to be then you guys will be just fine. As long as you remember to take things at your own pace." Astrid says.

"You're right. We'll be just fine." I echo.

Astrid smiles, kisses the top of my head and proceeds to finish up on my hair. I am so lucky that she is here to help me out. If I was all alone at home I'd be freaking out and would probably have already burnt off a few fingers. Oh to be the last born and so loved. I quite like it.

My make-up is next which she does to perfection. She leaves my freckles upon my request because I love them and Isaiah has commented time and again how much he likes them as well. She nails the winged eye liner and pink eyeshadow to match the rosewood colored lipstick she chooses for me. I look made up but still maintain most of my natural beauty.

"Time to get dressed." Astrid announces once she is done.

My outfit of the night, a black square neckline smocked mini dress with long lantern sleeves is hung on her closet door. I put on my underwear and after I shrug the dress on, Astrid zips me up.

"What do you think?" I ask her twirling around.

"Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Now put your shoes on, he'll be here soon." She says and just then, the door bell rings.

She looks at me and claps excitedly while I freeze for a moment when I feel butterflies take flight in my stomach. I'm not scared but I am anxious because I know that after tonight my relationship with Isaiah changes forever. After tonight there is no going back.

"Shoes." Astrid snaps her fingers getting me out of my trance.

I quickly get to it and slide on my black five inch square toe sculptured block heel sandals. My purse is already packed with all my essentials so I grab it and my jacket before following Astrid out of her room. The door bell rings again before we get there. I stand back as per Astrid's request out of sight so she can meet Isaiah without me present. I stay in the kitchen where I can see them but they can't see me and watch the whole interaction.

Astrid opens the door to reveal Isaiah in all his glory. He looks handsome in black jeans, a dark hoodie over a white tshirt, checked flannel jacket and white Adidas sneakers. He looks even more handsome than usual and I realize its because he cut his hair. Dear Lord Jesus, how will I survive all night keeping my hands to myself when he looks so good. My fantasies of running my hands through his soft hair are interrupted when Astrid speaks up.

"Hello, you must be Isaiah. I'm Astrid, Kenny's big sister." She introduces.

Isaiah gives her one of his charming confident smiles in return. "It's nice to meet you Astrid. These are for you."

He hands her a bouquet of white lilies that I vaguely remember mentioning are her favorite during one of her random conversations a while back. I can't believe he remembered and its clear that he's immediately won Astrid over.

"Wow, thank you. Come in please." She blushes stepping aside to let him in.

"Thank you."

The door is closed behind them and I take that as my cue to show myself. I pop out from the kitchen and Isaiah's eyes are instantly stuck on me.