Chapter 13 - A Girl Like You

Start from the beginning

🎵Hugo: "Look. Paris, the city of lovers is glowing this evening. True, that's because it's on fire."

He pulled the sausage back, showing it surrounded by flames, but he simply blew it out and took a bite.

🎵Hugo: "But still, there's l'amour."

He then laid out a deck of cards as (Y/N) came closer to see.

🎵Hugo: "Somewhere out there in the night, his heart is also alight."

He then flipped over the deck, revealing an ace of hearts at the end, landing directly in front of her. She slightly smiled as she picked up the card.

🎵Hugo: "And I know the girl he just might be burning for..."

He smiled too as he picked up the smoking sausage, using it to blow a heart-shaped smoke cloud around her, and she looked around her in awe.

🎵Hugo: "A girl like you, he's never known, dear. A girl like you a guy does not meet every day!"

He playfully pushed her back inside with his hip, over to the model table that was covered in wood shavings. He picked up a few of them, using it to mimic Esmeraldo's messy mass of hair.

🎵Hugo: "You've got a look that's all your own, dear. Could there be two?"

🎵Laverne/Victor: "Like you?"

🎵All: "No way!"

...

Hugo hung up three identical puppets, using them to illustrate his point.

🎵Hugo: "Those other girls that he could dangle. All look the same from every boring point of view."

Quasimodo had his sister stand in the middle of four bells, giggling as she posed or made a silly face in their reflections. Meanwhile, the gargoyles were pulling on ropes to ring some other bells around her.

🎵Hugo: "You're a delight from every angle. Mon dieu above, he's gotta love a girl like you!"

...

They were now all sitting at a poker table, with (Y/N) holding a pack of cards. She stared at them for a moment but Victor shoved a huge pile of chips in front of her and Laverne gave her a supportive pat on the back.

🎵Victor: "A girl like you gets extra credit. Because, it's true, you've got a certain something more!"

🎵Hugo: "You're aces, dear."

...

She was now seated in a barber chair, looking confused as the gargoyles stepped forward in barber clothes.

🎵Laverne: "You see that face, you don't forget it."

They jumped at her, with a hairbrush and a pair of scissors in hand, surrounding her in a mist of hairspray as they got to work.

🎵Laverne/Victor: "Want something new?"

When the hairspray cleared, she gasped as her hair was done up in a ridiculously high up-do, with lots of ribbons and powder to colour it white, and reminiscent of Marie Antoinette. She looked over at Quasimodo, who gave a supportive, albeit tight, smile.

🎵Hugo: "That's you."

She started taking out ribbons from her hair and Quasimodo stepped in to help.