15

Lan Wangji had a lot of things to do while Wuxian was in seclusion. The first thing he wanted to do was get Wuxian's sword back. So shortly after Wuxian went into seclusion, Wangji and Xichen flew over to Lotus Pier. It felt like a long flight but it was only because Wangji was impatient.

Once they arrived, the streets of Lotus Pier were not as lively as they were when Wuxian and Wangji were teenagers. Now that Wuxian's name was cleared, Wangji could see that there was less tension in the air in Yunmeng. Wangji wanted to see if Jiang Wanyin will cooperate.

"Sect Leader Lan, Hanguang Jun," one of the guards at the sect gate greeted, "wait here while I go speak with Sect Leader Jiang."

Lan Xichen nodded and patiently waited with Lan Wangji. As they were waiting, a very hyperactive woman in purple robes was just about to enter the gate when she spotted the two, "I have never seen such beautiful men before," she said.

Lan Wangji was not interested in this woman's shameless flirting, or even talking, so Lan Xichen did most of the talking, "you are too kind," he said.

"I mean it, especially him, he is so cute!" The woman said.

"I am taken," Wangji said.

"Such a shame, but we don't have to tell them," she said.

Wangji growled. Lan Xichen stepped in, "miss, I am going to say this once, my brother is not interested. He is not into women and is engaged to be married to Sect Leader Jiang's former head disciple. So please be mindful of your words."

"Former head disciple? As in Wei Wuxian?" The woman asked, "good choice. My sect leader is always babbling on about how much of an idiot he is but he cannot be angry at him anymore because of something. I tried to get him to say but he won't."

"Your sect leader is Jiang Wanyin?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Where are my manners?" She said, and bowed, "I am the current head disciple of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Zhu Xia Feng (Zhu means Vermilion red; Xia Feng means A very beautiful, red colour sky and 'Feng' is 'the red leaves of the maple tree.')."

"Well Zhu Guniang, please be mindful of what you say to my brother. Especially about his fiancée. He is very protective of him," Lan Xichen said.

"Xia Feng!" Sect Leader Jiang yelled as he walked to the main entrance, "are you harassing people again?"

"No, I was just having a nice conversation," she said, "also saying that these two were cute."

"Well get inside and get to your duties," Jiang Cheng said, "if you leave the sect without my knowledge again, you will be punished accordingly."

"Sorry, Sect Leader Jiang," Xia Feng said and went on her way.

Jiang Cheng sighed and looked at the two Lans, "I apologize for her behavior," he said and brought the two inside to the main hall to talk, "what brings you two here?"

"We actually came to ask if you could hand over Wei Wuxian's sword?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Why?" Jiang Cheng asked curiously, "why would I give it to a clan who he doesn't belong to?"

"He is marrying me, Jiang Wanyin," Lan Wangji said, "and he is at home in Cloud Recesses, as we speak."

"If he is at Cloud Recesses, why is he not with you?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"He is in one of our cultivation chambers building a new golden core," Wangji told him, "so he is unable to be here with us."

"He...can cultivate a new core?" Jiang Cheng asked curiously.

"He can, and as it is our secret methods we cannot share the details," Lan Xichen said, "all we ask is we are are to get his sword back. Will you please do so?"

"If I do, can I see him at least once?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"We can make arrangements," Lan Xichen said, "but he will be in seclusion for several weeks to a few months."

"I will give you two sword, but if anything, I am expecting an invitation to the wedding," Jiang Cheng said and left the hall momentarily.

Wangji looked at Xichen, "we could allow it but we cannot for Wei Ying to talk to him if he does not want to."

"I know, but we will speak with him about it," Xichen said, "for now, just play along."

Before Wangji could get another word in, Jiang Cheng returned with Suibian in his hand. He then handed it to Wangji, "I am hoping that you can keep your word about me seeing him at least once."

"We will," Lan Xichen said as he looked at Wangji handling Wuxian's sword as if it's the most precious treasure in the world, "thank you for your time, Sect Leader Jiang."

"My pleasure," he said and escorted the Lan brothers out.

Wangji and Xichen flew back to Cloud Recesses. Wangji actually took Suibian to the cold cave and set it just outside he cultivation chamber that Wuxian was in. That way, it was there when Wuxian was done. Lan Wangji smiled, "I got it for you as promised," he said quietly and left the cave.

Lan Wangji spent the rest of his time getting things for Wuxian, and helping the keeper with building Wuxian's workspace. There was space that was more secluded and Wangji felt it was the best location as it might help with keeping the noise in one place.

While making blueprints and plans, it was suggested to add a charm to the building that keeps noise from traveling from outside the building. There were several other charms added such as durability to keep it protected from explosions, fire proof, and it was a good place to house resentful energy as Wuxian can cultivate Yin and Yang energy.

Wangji was very happy as it was something that would be considered Wuxian's. Aside from Chenqing and Suibian, Wuxian doesn't have much to call his own. This workshop was just the beginning. Wangji still had plans to go shopping for just every day necessities for him, or just some basic things to call his. Wangji wanted to pamper Wuxian and make sure that Wuxian understood that he was valued by him and the rest of the Lan Sect.