A New Plan

Barbie's POV

I was walking towards the backstage from the other entrance.
Technically once the dress fitting and the final touches were done, we brought the clothes here and put them in the closet given to us in the backstage. But I forgot my phone here so I had to come back for a moment and retrieve it.

That was when I heard some hushed whispers.
On instincts, I quickly his behind a wall and peeked over to where I was hearing those noises from.

"Look..I don't know what went wrong. I was sure that breaking the heels of that brat's
shoes would be enough," one of the models, Selene, said.

I covered my mouth to prevent myself from gasping.
I knew it!

Then I heard a sigh.
"Look Selene, I need you to keep on trying to sabotage all of them. If you do as I tell you, I'll make sure that you and the designer you're modeling for win this competition."

I remained in my hiding spot, hoping to hear more about their schemes. Maybe we could find a way to stop them.

Right then Jenessa exited the place and Selene started walking towards a closet.
She picked a red raincoat...
That's the coat Cassandra will be wearing.
Then she grabbed at a pair of scissors.

I have to stop her!
I got out and was about to stop her when someone else grabbed at her hand.

"Friendly advice...don't touch any of my stuff....if you want your arms attached to your body," Cassandra hissed venomously before yanking the scissors from her hands pushing her away.

Selene remained speechless. However she was intimidated by the furious glare Cassandra was throwing at her way.
Like mother like daughter.

I stepped forward and glared at Selene.
"Why are you trying to sabotage us?" I decided to get to the point.

Selene was taken aback. She definitely didn't expect to be caught.
"I have no idea what you're talking about right now."
I rolled my eyes and scoffed.
Sure! Deny it all you want.

I had an idea how to make her confess...just the same trick I used before. But hopefully this time I wasn't going to get nearly strangled to death.

"Drop the act, Selene. I was here when you were talking to Jenessa," I stated, "I even recorded your entire conversation."
With that I waved the phone in my hand..which I found it on the desk.

It worked. She took a step backwards and gulped. I was totally bluffing.
But being a spy I learned a thing or two about how to lie.

"You know we can get you disqualified for accepting bribery," Cassandra smirked, "But if you tell us about what you know, we'll let that slip. No one would know about this."

Selene sighed and nodded timidly.
"Fine! Jenessa asked me to sabotage not just Patricia...but all of you," she confessed.
I glanced at Cassandra for a moment before I looked back at Selene.

"Why would she want to do that?" I asked, "If it all gets out, it'll end up ruining her reputation."

Selene stammered and shook her head.
"Mrs. Jones is a very unpredictable woman. I don't exactly know why she's doing this," she stated. I narrowed my eyes. But she continued, "However one reason I got to know if is that the winner gets 5 millions bucks for a prize and her models get the opportunity to work for a famous modeling agency. And she already invested a lot for Jemma Stern. If she loses, Mrs. Jones will lose a lot."

Now that was interesting. And it all made sense. She not only had a personal grudge against Patricia for being the daughter of her “boyfriend” but she was also going to lose a lot of money if Jemma Stern and the designer she's modeling for would have lost.

However there was one question that I didn't know the answer to that.
"Who is Jemma's designer?" Cassandra asked.

She shook her head and looked at us pleadingly.
"I....I don't know. But please don't tell anyone about this," she pleaded.

Cassandra rolled her eyes and nodded.
"Fine! But if I see you around my stuff or my friends...I'll make sure that you have no place in the modeling and fashion industry," Cassandra threatened lowly, "Am I understood?"

She gulped nervously and nodded.
"Yes! I won't bother you anymore! I promise!"
Cassandra and I then headed out of the building.

"We need to tell others about this. We can't have Jenessa, Jemma or anyone else...sabotage others...and ruin Nikki's chance to win," I stated, determined.

"And while we're at it, we should discover more of this Jenessa's motives. It could be quite possible that the mysterious designer is also in league with them and maybe bribed Jenessa," Cassandra pointed out.

I looked around and saw our friends at a local ice cream shop.
Both of us headed towards the shop and sat next to them.

"Guys....we really need to talk," Cassandra and I said in union.
I sighed before continuing.
"It's about the competition. Our theory was accurate."

Everyone stopped and stared at us for a moment.
"You mean someone's trying to sabotage all of us?" Nikki asked, concerned.
I nodded, confirming her guess.

Patricia however didn't look surprised one but. It was as if she expected that to happen.

"Lemme guess," Patricia raised a hand and then rolled her eyes, "It's Jenessa who's doing this."

Again Cassandra and I both nodded.

"I left my phone in there and went back to retrieve it," I started explaining the whole thing, "But I saw Selene and Jenessa talking. Jenessa was bribing Selene to sabotage us. Then Selene was about to ruin the raincoat Cassandra is supposed to wear for the show...but we stopped her and got her to confess."

Once I finished that story, I looked up and saw everyone's face expressions.
Nikki and Stella looked beyond furious.

Renee, Teresa and Sarah were shocked. Patricia looked as cool as a cucumber...not even bothered by the whole revelation.

And Ken looked to be deeply thinking it all through.
"Why would she take such a huge risk and put her popularity, reputation and her job in jeopardy just to get back at Patricia?" Ken asked.
That was exactly what we all were wondering at the moment.

"That's what we're all going to figure out," I stated, sounding as determined as ever.

"Okay...I'm in. I can't wait to expose her...just like how we exposed and got rid of her snake daughter," Patricia grinned, enthusiastically, "Okay. What's the plan?"

I thought for a couple of minutes, trying to figure out a way to uncover the truth.

A/N: So what do you all think so far? Will the girls find out Jenessa's true motive? Will they be able to beat her to her own game?
Don't forget to comment what you think. I love reading them.