Celebration

Barbie's POV

"I think you should replace me with another model, Nikki," Patricia sighed, "I'm going to ruin your chances at this competition."

We were all surprised by what Patricia suggested. She literally rocked!
And I knew she enjoyed every minute of it.

But the moment we arrived in our hotel room, she started having an anxiety attack. I knew that the smile and the bold look on her face was a mask to cover up her real feelings.

"I find it quite strange that the heels of your both shoes broke at the wrong moment," Nikki stated, saying exactly what was on my mind, "I don't do low quality. Those shoes I ordered were the best quality."

"Who was that woman....that judge who voted against us going for the next round?" Teresa asked.

We were lucky that our performance was good enough to get two of the judges to vote in our favor.
But that woman....I had no idea what beef she had with us.

"Unless...someone sabotaged you," Ken pointed out, "If the quality of the shoes were good, there couldn't be anything else."

We all gasped in shock...except for Patricia who just looked down, lost in thoughts.

"Who was that judge, Patricia? You kinda looked panicked for a moment when you saw her," I pointed out.
Patricia looked away for a moment, probably debating whether to tell the truth or not.

She sighed.
"Jenessa," she whispered, "Jenessa Jones. She's my father's mistress...or at least she was."

We all looked surprised at such revelation.
Now that explained a lot of things.

"All the judges see the list of the designers competing as well as the models," Renee stated, "Which it could mean...she could've sabotaged you herself...or have someone else to do it for her."

It was all logical. But if we were going to tell anyone, we needed legitimate proof for that.

"Which is why you should replace me, Nikki," Patricia reasoned, "Your possible future opportunities shouldn't be ruined because of me."
I glanced at Nikki who shook her head firmly.

"You're rocking this, Patricia," Nikki replied, "A lot of times people tend to play dirty...that shouldn't mean that we're going to back out from a challenge. Besides, if we keep on working hard, we'll have those two other judges' votes in our favor."
Patricia sighed and nodded in agreement.

"Now let's go and celebrate!" Renee exclaimed, "There's a restaurant in this hotel...let's go and try French–"

"Pizza! Yes we know!" We all said in union causing her to chuckle.

After that show I really needed some warm shower to relax. But this time I made sure that I would place my towel on the hanger close to the bathroom.

Then I opened the faucet and sighed as warm water came in contact with my skin.
However there was no time to get cozy in there. I needed to meet up with my friends in Nikki's room in an hour.
So I made sure that I'd finish as quickly as I could.

Once I was done, I closed the faucet and headed towards the door.
I have extended my hand towards the hanger close by, but I couldn't find my towel.
But I know I placed it there. Ugh damn it!

Right then I heard a mischievous chuckle.
"Looking for this, sweetheart?"

What the–
"Ken! Give me back my towel right now!" I demanded.
But instead of saying anything he continued to chuckle, causing me to blush.

"Alright...fine," Then I heard footsteps nearing closer and then he handed me my towel, "I was just teasing you."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.
Typical Kenneth Carson.
Once I put on my towel I headed outside and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Everyone's waiting for you. Don't take forever to get ready, babe," Ken chuckled and then headed out.
I rolled my eyes.

I checked my suitcase, trying to find something nice to wear.
I picked up a blue crop top and a pair of pants.

Once I dried my hair and put on my clothes I walked out of my room and headed towards Nikki's room where everyone else was waiting for me.

And then we went downstairs to the luxury restaurant in the hotel.

As we were looking through the long menu...picking what we wanted, a waitress approached us.

"Welcome. What do you want to order?" the waitress asked.
After placing our orders, she headed towards the kitchen.

"So when is the next round?" Cassandra asked, "And what will the theme be?"

Nikki looked down at her phone for a moment before answering.
"The next round is in three days, and it'll be a winter collection theme," she replied.

That sounded interesting.
Maybe we could investigate and find out what's going on and who's trying to sabotage Patricia.

After a couple of minutes, our order arrived and we started digging into our delicious pizzas.

Right then we heard a voice from the other side.
"OMG! You four did great!"
I turned my head around and saw other models.

I offered them a polite smile.
"Thank you," I replied, "You all did great, too."

"My name is Zia," one of the models introduced herself. Then she looked at Nikki, "You also seem to be a great designer."
Nikki nodded, acknowledging the compliment.

"Do you guys wanna join us for some pizza?" Renee offered, causing the other models to gasp.

Renee gave them a confused look, not really understanding what was going on and truthfully none of us did.

"Do you know how much of fat and carbohydrates these things have?" Zia asked, "It'll ruin our perfect diet and our bodies."

I blinked several times.
What the heck? It's just food...not poison. If only they knew that carbohydrates is nothing compared to deadly poison that could kill someone with maximum pain, I thought to myself and grimaced at the thought.

"It's just food," I tried to reason with them, "It's no big deal."
Another model glared at me and huffed.

"Of course it's a big deal!" she screeched, "You want to sabotage us...so you all could win instead of us."
With that all of them walked away rudely and we stared at them, confused.

So models can't eat anything they want to eat? That's so unhealthy.
"That was....strange," Patricia chuckled, "So much for wanting this to be a career option."

Cassandra grinned and flipped her ponytail hair and looked down at her nails.
"Ehh...I am totally good with my own job," she stated, "Being a...you know what...is so much better than any other “normal” job."

I did hear of unhealthy eating habits, eating disorder and many other health concerns among models. But I never thought it was...this much!

I shrugged these thoughts off and continued to eat my slice of pizza.
Right then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned my head around towards Ken and he immediately used the opportunity to feed me some of his own pizza.
I couldn't help but chuckle.

"You got some sauce on your lips," Ken stated.
I grabbed a tissue and I was about to wipe it but Ken grabbed my hands and pressed his lips against mine, licking the sauce off.
"Much better now," he whispered in my ear.

"You two are too cute. We're trying to eat here....y'know," Cassandra crossed her arms and smirked, causing everyone else to laugh....
I glanced at Ken while I was blushing.

But Ken didn't seem fazed he just placed his arm around me and pulled me closer.

A/N: Surprise surprise! Another chapter just for you guys.
It's just a cloudy Friday and I was feeling really down...because of everything so decided that why not write another chapter for my lovely readers.