ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 (ℝ)

Comincia dall'inizio

 "I don't think we would have dated in high school," I say. "I was a loner. A bit of a nerd. I had the glasses, braces, and everything."

Maya snorts. "You sound adorable."

"What were you like?"

Maya looks down at her feet and grimaces. "I was kind of a bitch. Especially after Jeremiah. You're right, I wouldn't have dated you. Not because of your looks or personality, but because of social hierarchy and all that."

I look down at her. "I probably would've had the biggest crush on you. A regular Joe Goldberg."

She laughs. She lets go and stands in front of me.

"Well, we're going to have our very own high school romance."

"Like that one episode from that Disney Channel show?" I ask.

Maya looks confused. "My Mother never let me watch Disney Channel."

"You're joking."

Maya shakes his head. "No. I rarely watched TV until eighth grade."

"From now on every Saturday night, we're watching a Disney Channel show. Mark that down on your calendar," I say.

She laughs and playfully rolls her eyes. 

"Alright. First things first, this date. When you're dating someone, you usually walk them to class. Which we've done, so check. Next, you have your lunch dates," Maya explains.

I arch an eyebrow at her. "You know a lot about this? You're not recreating any dates you've had with Jeremiah, are you?"

Maya rolls her eyes. "Please. Jeremiah didn't do any of this with me. But, I saw people who did get this treatment. A nice high school romance. I thought it'd be cute and corny all in one." I smile.

I lean down and kiss her lips, softly. "Lead the way to the cafeteria."

We walk, hand in hand to the high school cafeteria. When I open the door, I see one table in the middle with two takeout boxes on it.

"I got our favorite," she squeals.

Sambrino's. My all-time favorite restaurant and has become my favorite even more when I found out it was hers.

We sit down and enjoy our meal. 

We talk about our high school experiences and our embarrassing moments. More or less, my embarrassing moments.

"Are you serious?" Maya laughs.

"Yeah. Once I took all my clothes off, she grabbed them and ran. I planned to stay in the janitor's closet all day. But, then he came back for cleaning products, and it was all over," I groan. Maya laughs even more.

After laughing in my face for a full minute, she gets up. 

"What are you doing?" I ask.

She just smiles and extends her hand. "C'mon."

After a moment, I grab her hand and follow her.

We exit the cafe, and she leads me down a few halls before we stand in front of a door that says Janitor's Closet.

"What are we doing here, sweetheart?" I ask, lowly.

Maya smirks at me before leaning up and kissing my cheek. She whispers in my ear.

"We're going to recreate your high school story. But, this time I won't take your clothes. I promise."

She's still holding my hand when she opens the door. She closes the door and even goes as far as to lock it.