ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕋𝕨𝕠

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

I packed all of my shit as fast I fucking could and hauled ass out of the house. I got to the airport and got on the first flight to California.

My Mom called me at least 50 times in the span of my flight. I put my phone on Do Not Disturb and when I took it off, the amount of notifications I got was astonishing but expected.

You were fucking unlovable.

Angela went with Leo to meet his parents, so I had no one to talk to for now. They have been dating for two months now. I'm happy for her. He finally opened up to her.

I wish I could do the same for Kol. But, I can't. You were fucking unlovable.

I unpack my bag and take a nap for a couple of hours until a knock on my door interrupts me.

I drag myself out of bed and open the doorway. Kol stands there with flowers and Chinese food. "Usually, I would cook for you, but I know Chinese is your favorite and I can't cook that."

All of the bad energy falls out of me as I bring Kol into my embrace. His cologne dances in my nostrils and his steady heartbeat is like a tropical rhythm in my head. I look up at him from his chest and peck him softly on the lips.

"I missed you," I whisper. He smiles down at me. "I missed you more."

I let him inside and then the high simmers down. 

You were fucking unlovable.

I try to stop myself from frowning, but I can't help it. Kol turns to face me. "Should I have cooked? I just thought that you wou--"

I stop him with a kiss. "Chinese is perfect. It was just a lot of shit at home."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks.

Yes. But, if I did...he would know. He would know the reason why I am petrified to be in another relationship. Why I just stick to one-night stands. How unlovable I am. 

Kol would eventually get over me as Jeremiah did. And with Kol, everything is different. My feelings are more hyper to the max. It would crush me if I became unlovable to him.

"It's just..." I look into his hazel eyes and I want to spill my entire soul to him. Every worry. Every agony. "My Mom's just being a bitch again."

Kol looks at me skeptically. I can tell he knows. He always knows. Everything about me.

But, like Kol, he doesn't pry. He waits until I'm ready.

But, I don't think I'll ever be ready.

"How was your winter break? Get up to anything?" I change the subject.

"I told my brother about you. Well, more like Amanda asked about you and nosy Anthony heard," Kol says.