ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕊𝕚𝕩

𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏

I email all my teachers and let them know that I'll be out for the rest of the week

I email all my teachers and let them know that I'll be out for the rest of the week. I called my Mom and let her know I was coming home for a few days. 

I let this disgrace of a man haunt my life for the past year and I won't stand for it anymore. I needed to clear my conscious.

When I get off the plane, I already see my Mother's driver waiting for me. He helps me load my suitcase. "Can you take me to Jeremiah Michealones' house please?" 

I knock on the door and Mrs. Michealones opens it. Her face beams when she sees me. "Maya, what a pleasant surprise! I thought you were in California for your studies?"

"I just needed to wrap up a few things first," I explain when she lets me inside. "Is Jeremiah home?"

She eyes me suggestively before telling me he's in the backyard. I make my way back there where I see him standing close to the fence. But, not alone.

He was standing dangerously close to a girl who didn't look a day over 17. Her face was filled with nervousness and her body language was uneasy.

"What's your name?" I ask, motioning to the girl. She looks relieved that somebody finally came to her rescue. Jeremiah looks livid.

"E-Emma..." she stutters. "And how old are you, Emma?" 

"15." Jesus. "Well, I need to talk to Jeremiah here, so why don't you go and head home." 

Her face breaks into a smile as she hops the fence. Wow. How long was she here for?

"Did you finally come to accept my offer?" he suggests, eyeing my body. It makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

"One, ew, and two, no. I'm here to tell you off. I admit it, you broke my heart. You shattered me and then on top of that made me forget who I was by painting me with some label of insecurity you clearly have bottled up inside," I start.

He rolls his eyes, clearly already annoyed with my speech. "You are a fuckwad and a disgusting human being who needs serious help. I don't know what 15-year-old me was thinking falling for you, but 19-year-old me sees right through you and the mess you are. You might like to hide behind your family's image, but you are nothing more than a derogatory, selfish, disgusting human being with no morals."

I can tell he's taken aback by my words and quite angry by the way he clenches his jaw. "You held me in your hand as a puppet for the past 11 months with one little comment, but I won't let you control me anymore."

He rolls his eyes again. "What comment are you even talking about?"

That shakes me a little bit and I slightly stutter. "Y-You called me fucking unlovable."