Chapter 11 - The Holy Man (Season 2)

Começar do início

"You know you love me really." She teased as she skipped to his side, putting an arm around his shoulder. He shrugged her off. "I really don't like you." He commented in return. Leah grinned widely.

"You didn't say 'hate' this time. That means I'm growing on you."

Just as Levi was about to retort, a figure rounded the corner onto the corridor ahead of them. He was adorning the Scout jacket and looked incredibly out of breath. "Captains! Urgent news, titans have breached Wall Rose!" As his panicked words left his mouth, the distant toll of the bells reached their ears. Leah sighed frustratedly. "Let's go see what Erwin wants us to do, eh Co-Captain?" Leah proposed to the raven-haired man next to her with a smirk. Levi clenched his jaw and looked at her with icy eyes. "Yeah, let's go. And stop calling me that, carrot-top." Levi dismissed the Scout before them and started marching quickly in the direction of Erwin's office.

-

Leah gently closed the office door behind them, pressing her back against the wooden frame and looking at her blonde friend who stood behind the desk in the centre of the room gazing out the window.

"Why can't the sons of bitches give us a moment's peace." Levi's voice snapped as they approached their Commander. Leah gave a respectful wave to the other Scout present in the room, unsure of who he was, before giving Erwin her undivided attention. He'd turned his head to look at the pair now: his two strongest and most capable soldiers, neither of them in great fighting shape after their injuries sustained back on the 57th recon mission (and definitely not helped by their escapades in assisting catching the female titan). Not ideal for the situation they may have at hand.

"Can you go?" His voice was stern as his blue eyes surveyed their bodies. "Like there's a choice." Levi replied in his usual snarky tone. When Erwin turned his gaze to Leah she shrugged in response.

"If he goes, I'll go. I reckon we're stronger if we stay together." Leah commented wisely, jabbing a thumb towards Levi who stood next to her. It was the truth, even in poor health they worked together like a well oiled machine, splitting them up would be unwise. Erwin gave her a nod of agreement before the other Scout present spoke out.

"If I may say so, sir. Very wise leaving Miche in charge of the 104th, if anyone can handle the situation he can."

A small smirk tugged at Leah's lips. If Miche was their first line of defense those dumb titans stood no chance - the man's skill was almost paralleled with Levi's. Erwin turned away again, to look back out at the darkening sky over Stohess. Something told Leah he had a suspicion this wasn't going to be that easy.

"Yes. Let's hope so." The blonde murmured. Little did they know that as they spoke, Miche found himself face to face with a 17 meter beast titan, in a showdown that could only end with his own guts on the ground.

-

Despite Leah's proposition that Levi and her stuck together, Erwin almost immediately split them up. He sent Levi on a mission to collect Hange and Pastor Nick, the latter a man who Leah remembered clearly from Eren's trial; he'd demanded that Eren be executed and as much as Leah, herself hated titans, killing a child because of something he didn't understand was more barbaric a proposal than Erwin's recon mission. Leah had also had an unpleasant run in with him back in her Garrison days, meaning she was not looking forward to the inevitable run in she'd have with him now.

Meanwhile, Erwin tasked Leah with babysitting duties.

"Up to no good, are we Arlerlt?" Leah asked as she drew in closer to the trio of Armin, Mikasa and Eren. They were meant to be loading gear onto a cart in preparation for journeying to the Ehrmich gate and instead the latter two sat while Armin spoke intensely about something Leah couldn't quite make out. Each of them had their own variation of anxiety on their face. Armin jumped at the sound of the Captain's voice and turned to her with a start.