reincarnation pt 2 final {Ghost}

Simon stood beside you, just a few feet away as you stood there on the city street.

He waited a decade for this moment, for you.

And now, you were here. It didn't matter that you didn't remember him - he had given up hope of reciprocation, of you remembering him.

He would take whatever time he could with you.
He would give you his love.
He would give you the world if he could.

His eyes took in every inch of your body. Your lips, your hair, your face. You were still the same girl he had fallen in love with, over and over again.

His gaze drifted over your figure, lingering on your hips, and then the rest of you. Your every curve, your every line, your every imperfection.

He loved you.
He loved you.
He loved you.

You were the only woman in the world for him and you would be every time he saw you.

He adored you in every life.
He loved you in every life.
He waited for you in every life.

He would keep doing so until the end of the world came.

"Have we meet before?" His thoughts of you torn away as you asked him.

It wasn't the first time you had asked him this exact question, and it wouldn't be the last. A question he was asked over and over in each life.

You didn't remember him, but you could feel a small connection to him, even if it didn't seem to make sense.

' Yes. Yes. You know me. I know you. You love me, y/n. I love you, I missed you. I missed you so fucking much. '

"No, I don't believe we've met."

The same words he had said so many times.
The same words he hated to say so many times.

"Huh. I feel like I know you."

And your voice. That same, honeyed voice, speaking in that same tone of affection that made his heart skip and his stomach tie in knots.

You had only spoken one sentence, but it was enough to make those 10 years worth the wait, again.

"Deja vu, maybe. I'm Simon. And you are?"

A smile on his lips as he asked, but it wasn't a question, really.

He already knew you. He waited for you.

He offered his hand and waited for you to take it.

"Y/n. It's nice to meet you, Simon."

Your hair was the same color as he remembered it. The same shade as it was the first time you two met. And your eyes, the same color with those little flecks of gold.

"Likewise. Did you, I don't know, want to grab coffee, tea? Get to know each other?"

The curse was almost worth it for the one year he got to see you every decade, but he couldn't deny the bitterness in his heart every time he said his final, temporary, goodbyes.

"Coffee sounds lovely. But, I'm not mu-"

"Not much of a coffee girl. Black tea with lemon and honey, yeah? I know a place round the corner that serves some killer tea."

Ten years, and you only lived for a year.
A year of loving you.

Every memory of the two of you in countless lifetimes flooded his consciousness at once as you shook his hand.

"Oh my God, yeah. How did you know?"

You were his soulmate.
Always would be.
And this life was no different from the rest.

"You seem like a tea girl. Coffee doesn't seem to suit you."

He remembered your favorite drink. It never changed. In every lifetime, you never touched a cup of coffee. Ever.

"I guess I come off as that kind of person, huh?I would love to grab some tea with you."

He wanted to keep you from dying like you did every time. To spare him the heartache of seeing you fade away. But it was inevitable.

Forced to watch you leave for ten years.
He loved you.
Every very last version of you that had existed in every past life and every future one, he loved.

"Perfect. Shall we, y/n?"

But it came with the territory. You being his soulmate meant that this always happened. You always died, and he was always left alone for those ten bitter years.

It was the price of immortality.
The price of his curse.

He had never loved anyone like he did with you.
He thought he could love someone else, to save himself from the heartache of losing you.

"Yes. We shall, Simon."

But he couldn't.
And he wouldn't.
He loved you.
Each and every reincarnation of you.

And so, despite the heartbreak he knew was just around the corner, he forgot about his pain for the time being.

He had a year with you.
A year to love you all over again.
A year before you died and left him all over again.

The thought drove needles through his mind, but he didn't let on. You didn't need to know what he was worried about. It was his burden to bear. Not yours.

"I don't want to seem rude, but your shoes are...they are not flattering."

He would be with you to the end. Even if it broke him. Again.

"It's alright. Someone told the same thing to me a while ago back."