The Tower

The first couple of chapters set the scene of the story.

・❥・

Preface

Part 1/2

Soldiers scurry off a line of parked army trucks and dash their way to the entrance of a hidden tower. The misty smell of trees encompassing the climate as the moon illuminates their every move from above, yet they camouflage into the night with their dim clothing from below. They carry thin patience after traveling far in order to reach the concealed building.

No mere human can step foot near the magical establishment. The tower is invisible at first glance, but unlocks its view to those with a cosmic spirit. Its creator took into account that the contents inside need to be severely protected, therefore breaking inside is no easy feat.

But leading commander of this army, Commander Victoria, has done vast research.

She is more than prepared and determined to obtain the impenetrable cargo within.

Leaves crush under the footsteps of Commander Victoria. Her intimidating presence keeps her soldiers in check as they ready their positions. With a satisfied grin, she points her polished pink fingernail at the entrance of the tower and pulses a microscopic orb of aura.

When the sphere of light lands on the door, BOOM! A trembling explosion causes the area to shake furiously.

Her subordinates stare at her in awe of her strength before remembering her orders of raiding the building as soon as it was open. Commander Victoria stays behind, attempting to focus her powers on sensing a dominant life force in the area. Just as she anticipated, no presence. She knew there would be no way of the dynamic energy to be detected that easily.  This didn't lower her hopes in anyway though. In truth, it fueled her resolve abundantly.

Arriving inside, she observes her soldiers scour all corners of the premises. The building contains a great deal of furniture. Covered in dust and plastic carps, it was obvious that combing through the entirety of the tower was going to take up most of the night. The soldiers tore open every door they came upon and smashed every opening trying to find their target.

Time aches on, and Commander Victoria huffs in annoyance. Not a single soldier has come to her with any good news.

She wonders how her extensive research could fail her.

There's no way.

Years of dedication have led up to this moment and there is nothing but factuality in the steps she has taken to come here.

It's here, she's sure of it.

Wondering off, Commander Victoria makes her way up the crumbled stairs. After close analysis, something happened in this building to cause its brutal end. The floor boards eerily creak, causing a wave of worry to flush through Victoria's body. Her mind traces back to her objective, instantly warming her again. She feels comfort in a couple holes punctured in the ceiling, allowing for some moonlight to shine into the mystic area. Although there were no active beings in this place. Victoria could tell that at one point it fumed throughout.

She's raided multiple areas in search for the Aurelian, but nothing like this tower. This is the first time she's encountered a place that had been operative before. She stumbles into a couple insignificant doors leading into tussled rooms. She took her time scanning each object, making sure not to miss any detail. She knows that a treasured object, like the one she was looking for, wasn't going to be in just any regular room. It has to be kept somewhere with some type of security.