This man is ridiculous! And I thought he was annoying when I was little.

"You don't remember correctly because I did tell you that!" I defended myself.

We both stared at each other for a second before bursting into laughter.

Just like old times.

"So, they're all alive? On their way to fix everything?" I asked, even though I knew with absolute certainty that they were.

He has to believe I know nothing about this.

"Yeah." He nodded. "They're all ready to go. But I have to power up the time machine. Care to join?"

I wanted to go with him, but I knew what was going to happen to him once he got to the Zephyr to help Enoch.

According to my parents' stories, when Deke went to the plane and started the machine, something went wrong, and he was also taken back to 2018. If I went with him, I would go back too and mess up the entire timeline.

Plus, I'm not about to leave Cat and Ben.

"I can't," I told him reluctantly.

"Why?" He furrowed his brows, confused.

I sighed. "Look, Deke. I haven't always been totally honest with you."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a reason why this prophecy meant so much to me. More than it just being something my parents believed in. There's more to it than that-" I got cut off by the sound of heavy footsteps running through the hallway.

Kree.

"Oh no," I murmured, turning to the end of the hallway and watching as four Kree soldiers appeared.

"Stop right there!" The one in the front ordered.

Yeah, so no.

I quickly faced Deke. "Go! I'll hold them off."

"What? No, Linda, they'll kill you!" He grabbed my arm, panic written all over his face.

"You need to get them back to 2018. Now, go!" I said firmly. My parents had to get back. They had to.

"But-"

"I said, go!" I was this close to using my magic to teleport him out of there.

"Fine. Just don't die." He sighed reluctantly and took off.

I watched as Deke ran, and as soon as he was out of sight, I used my magic to transform into my battle suit and conjure up my dagger.