"Yeah, me too. He also called me a whore and threatened Ryan."

"What? Did you tell Marissa?" Summer asked me.

"I don't want to upset her more. We can just keep an eye on her okay?"

Summer nodded as we headed into class.

~~~
I walked outside at lunch beside Seth. "You want to sit alone today?" He asked me. I almost told him yes, but then remembered my promise to Ryan to look after Marissa.

"Let's go sit with Marissa and Oliver. Keep an eye on him." I told Seth, who nodded.

We made our way to the table, just as Luke did. Maybe he was doing the same as us, since he'd told Ryan and I he couldn't stand Oliver.

"Hey, guys." Marissa greeted as the three of us sat down.

"You three have to help me convince Marissa to come up to Mammoth with us." Oliver told us.

I wasn't even going and I sure as hell wasn't about to convince Marissa to.

"Who's going to Mammoth?" Luke asked. Apparently he didn't plan on going either.

"Not me. My dad's out of town, so I'm staying with my mom this weekend." Marissa told us.

"Which means she'll be spending it next to Ryan, which is not good for her right now." Oliver said and I scoffed slightly.

"Isn't that up to Marissa?" Luke asked.

Oliver narrowed his eyes at him, but then looked at Marissa.

"Okay, so at least let me get you and your mom a suite at the hotel. That way I'll be there and you won't even have to think about Ryan."

Of course.

Marissa's phone rang and she looked down. Her smiled faded and I knew it must be Ryan.

"It's Ryan, isn't it?" Oliver asked her and she nodded.

"You're not gonna get it?" Luke asked.

"She's not talking to Ryan right now." Oliver said and I rolled my eyes.

"Is she still talking to me or are you doing all of her talking?" Luke snapped and I smiled slightly.

"Luke." Marissa stated, looking embarrassed.

"I mean he's right, Oliver doesn't need to speak for you, Mariss." I spoke up, causing Oliver to glare at me. Marissa just looked even more embarrassed.

"Maybe I should just go." Marissa said, going to stand up. I shook my head and stood up, right as Luke did.

"No that's okay, I'll see you later, Marissa." I told her, with a very pointed glance at Oliver. He may be able to keep Marissa away from Ryan, but he wasn't going to keep her from me.

I turned and grabbed Seth's hand as we walked off.

"Oliver really has it bad for Marissa, doesn't he?" Seth remarked and I scoffed.

"Yeah, and now he has her to himself all the time. She cannot go to Mammoth with him alone, Seth. It won't be safe."

"I know. Don't worry, we'll figure something out. If there's no other option we could always go to Mammoth and keep and eye on Oliver." Seth stated and I nodded.

~~~~
After school, Seth and I were walking to the car when I saw Ryan in the parking lot.

"Hey, Ry. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm supposed to meet Marissa. She isn't returning my calls and this is the only place I can see her."

"Just be careful. Don't even say anything to Oliver if you see him. The last thing you need is to be expelled." Seth told Ryan, who nodded.