Backstory with the rebels

(May not be accurate to the flashbacks I made in evade to the game)

"Hey sweetie?"
"Yeah?"
"Boss wants us 2 to explore this area for artifacts, let's go."
"Alright darling!"

They went into that area exploring both of them watching each other backs, not knowing the events of what's gonna happen between them.

"Hey rebel 1"
"Hm? Yes-

GUNSHOT!

Rebel head started to bleed out as he was shot in the head. His body collapsed on the ground on his knees, crying. The love of his life betrayed him without a reason.

"I-I-i..."
Rebel voice begins to break.
"R-r-rebel... *sniff* w-why?...."
"I'm sorry love, I want to escape this hell."

Rebel 2 ran off going back to the base as rebel was left to bleed on the ground. Rebel crawled back to the base as the blood trails behind.

Few hours later...

Rebel is at the base being bandages by his teammates.

"So what happen?"
"Rebel 2 shot me."
"What?! You being for real?"
"Yes I am! He shot me and ran off!"
"Don't worry, we will find him and talk to him about this!"
"Thank you guys, you don't know how each and one of you guys mean to me-

Base gets set on fire as rebel crawled out having some burns on his clothes and skin. Right in front of him is rebel 2.

"..."
"You.... WHY!? Why must you do this! After everything we did!"
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry isn't gonna fix all of this bullshit!"
"..."
"I can't believed I loved you... I was gonna plan an escape with you.."
"..."
"I fucking hate you I will attack you down!-

Rebel 2 ran off as rebel sits up. Rebel will remember to this day this moment. As he swore to himself to not trust anyone again as a little tear goes down on his cheek. He still can't believe the love of his life betrayed him.

The beginning of rebel anger issues.

(That's basically it sorry if it was short I couldn't think of anything else to make it longer! Credits to molpies4657 [a youtuber] for inspiring me to make this backstory!)