A tender smile formed on Taehyung's lips as he whispered softly to himself, overwhelmed by the emotions flooding his heart. "I am truly the luckiest man in the world to have Jungkook with me, right here, right now." 

With a sense of both awe and protectiveness, Taehyung continued to stroke Jungkook's hair, savoring the softness and the subtle scent that was uniquely his. After a while, Taehyung tore himself away from Jungkook's side. As he walked out of the bedroom and made his way upstairs while putting a black tee on, he found himself drawn to the familiar sight of his father sitting alone in the kitchen area.

As Taehyung approached, he couldn't help but notice a certain emptiness in his father's eyes, a reflection of a soul burdened with unspoken worries.

Reaching out, Taehyung gently put a hand on his father's shoulder. "Dad, is everything okay?" He asked, concern lacing his voice. His father looked up and offered him a weak smile, though the heaviness in his gaze remained.

"I'm just feeling a bit down tonight, son," Mr. Kim replied, his voice tinged with weariness. "Sometimes life can overwhelm you, you know?"

Taehyung nodded, understanding all too well the weight of the world and the uncertainty that could creep into one's heart. Taehyung pulled up a chair in front of his father and Mr. Kim poured some whiskey into an empty glass for Taehyung and pushed it- Taehyung watched the glass slide closer to him.

"Why are you still awake?" Mr. Kim asked, and Taehyung placed his elbow on the table, his fingers brushing through his hair. "Couldn't sleep, and dad, there's something I need to tell you," Taehyung continued.

Mr. Kim, sensing the seriousness in his son's voice, set his utensils down and gave him his full attention. "What is it, Taehyung? You know you can talk to me about anything."

Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers, struggling to find the right words. "It's about Jungkook. Lately, I've been going over this entire thing in my mind and... I wish to admit the truth, but I'm so scared. Scared that if I tell him, he might hate me." Taehyung whispered, taking a sip of the drink.

"Sometimes the truth can be difficult to face, but honesty is always the best path to take. It may seem scary, but hiding the truth can cause more pain in the long run. You owe it to yourself and Jungkook to be frank and truthful with him." Mr. Kim said, placing his arms over the dining table. "I don't really understand what you're trying to do Taehyung but it's my suggestion- you should confess. There's no point in hiding."

"Dad- I don't know what to tell him- or how to even begin. Each time I feel like opening my mouth, it- it seems so long. I love Jungkook, I like him a lot-" Taehyung trailed off, as Mr. Kim listened attentively, his expression warm and understanding and before Taehyung got to proceed, Mr. Kim interrupted. 

"I know, Taehyung. I know how you feel, presumably, I'm the only one who knows how you feel. If you didn't love Jungkook, you wouldn't be asking me to arrange your marriage with him." Mr. Kim said, and Taehyung paused, narrowing an eyebrow and his black hair cast shadow over his eyes.

As the engine hummed softly, Taehyung gripped the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white under the strain. The sun hung high in the sky, casting a warm glow over the sleepy town they were driving through. Beside him, his father, Mr. Kim, sat in the passenger seat, his face etched with worry lines.

"Dad," Taehyung began, his voice trembling with anticipation, "when we step out of this car, I want us to act... differently."

Mr. Kim glanced at his son, curiosity evident in his eyes. "What do you mean, Taehyung?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before continuing. "I want us to pretend that you're forcing me into an arranged marriage."

His father's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Arranged marriage? Taehyung, I don't understand. You've never mentioned anything like this before. You were the one who said you have an infatuation with Jungkook and wanted me to bring up the conversation of your marriage to Jungkook's dad?"