23. THE PUNISHMENT

Rhea's POV

When I woke up this morning Rehan was not there but I still felt his warmth and his touch, his words echoed in my ears.

"For you, I can be anything, you just name it."

"Oh God, I am falling for this man."
My cheeks turned Rosy pink when I remembered how we slept in each other's arms and I felt safe with him, I would say safest.

His hands touched my bare waist and my hands wrapped around his body while my head was on his shoulders. Oh, those broad shoulders. Uff!!.but soon I felt sick remembering what led to that beautiful night was not some romantic gesture it was my worst nightmare. All the pav bhaji that I ate last night was threatening to come out.

I rushed towards the bathroom to take a hot shower and to remove Jai from my mind.

While I was in the shower all I could think was last night. I was not able to figure out what must have happened after I left Jai with Rehan. Did they hurt each other? Or did Jai simply just leave? I was not sure what happened to him but I was sure that the sudden disappearing act of Jai was the consequence of his mouthful words. Because after all these days of my marriage, one thing is for sure that Rehan can't stand someone who has hurt me in any way.

I grabbed a simple peach-coloured linen oversized shirt and white pants and got ready for breakfast. But as soon as I was going downstairs I felt worried. What if Jai told the family about me.? What if they already know about my past. ?How will I face them? several questions bounced back in my head. I wanted to clear my head so instead of going for breakfast I went to our terrace. I needed some fresh air and wanted to distract myself so I started reading Twisted Hate.

Rhea's outfit

Rhea's outfit

Rehan's POV

I entered the farm house and the sight of Jai hanging on the wall while his legs and hands were tied to the poles and the smell of fresh blood that was flowing from his body through the deep cuts that I specifically asked my men to carve to make him suffer sent a deep satisfaction through my body.

When he saw me his body started to tremble and an evil smirk formed on my lips. So how are you feeling Jai? I asked him.

"Not better than the night I fucked your wife," he replied.

The audacity of this man was testing my patient. His body was trembling from fear and pain but his disgusting mouth, he couldn't keep that shut. The finely honed edge of my rage sliced through my cordial mask.

I asked one of my men to give me the knife which was especially carved and dipped in alcohol. As soon as he saw the knife sweat stains bloomed on his face.

Did you use these fingers to touch her?

He didn't say anything which made me more furious.

"Rehan let me go or my father will not spare you," he said in a low voice.