PACK

But fate was fate and he wasn't in your fate.

"I want divorce," you declare, removing his hand and getting up.

He follows you as you reach the other end of the living room, turning around when you face him.

He didn't mutter a single word. He didn't have the courage. He knew you were right, he never tried. He always wished for Eleanor, he always gave chance to Eleanor, he always loved Eleanor.

Your shooting gaze digs his form. He somehow maintains eye contact.

To be precise the most sincere contact you two ever made.

"Y/n,"  his lips parting to speak as he trembles. Tears brim in his corner of the eyes.

Why is he crying? Didn't he want this?

Don't make it hard for me to leave.

"I am sorry," he halts. God knows how hard he was trying to speak. It was like he didn't even have the words to speak. He felt the need to apologise but he didn't have the words. He was guilty, maybe if something worse than that was the word he was feeling.

"It wasn't you. Maybe you just tried too hard to make this work. Never get hard on yourself, y/n. I am sorry, I couldn't give you my heart. It was for Eleanor from the beginning, from high school. I couldn't give you what you deserve," he stares at you, your rolling eyes with a dead face.

Anyway, he felt like you were acting rude. But somewhere he felt relieved that you didn't act so bitchy after hearing about Eleanor. It made him respect you a little more now. It did make him wonder why he never fell for you.

You were perfect in everything, in every aspect. You handled his house and made it home. A place where he would come back to hide from the world and specifically just sleep. You nourished him with every dish he loved. You cherished him and his family, never raised a question when it came to supporting his family. You were there. Always there for him. And he wasn't.

Realising he was never at home, never around you, never for you his heart twitches in hurt. He didn't even have a single moment in his memory where he talked to you or considered you important rather than his caretaking thing.

He felt the pain now.

He felt the pain of you leaving his life, physically.

His chest aches, his fingers shakes to hold you for once, his eyes can't stay open to look at you.

But why did he even wish to hold you?

He shrugs the feeling he felt. He can handle your leave. It didn't matter to him. You didn't matter to him. You were perfect and lovely but he didn't love you and he accepted that. He just wanted to start a new and a peaceful life with Ele.

"You are not sorry, Taehyung. Which is again fine for me. But before leaving, I want you to meet my lawyer on friday. If you are free…" he cuts you off.

He was happy. At least relieved you are taking the process in your hands. He wanted everything with you to end soon so he can be with Eleanor. And your rush was helping him somewhere. He couldn't be at peace than that.

And just like that you leave the room. Passing through the passage, you hop the stairs.

Your steps couldn't move as you reached the room. Your fingers trails around the doorknob while your mind asks you several questions. You were stuck.

Why do you have to leave?

Can't you give him one last chance?

At least don't take divorce, let him realise his mistake, he'll come back.