“I am going to fuck…,” I started saying, but I was interrupted by a soft knock on the door.

Damien and I both looked at the door. I stopped breathing.

“What the fuck?” Damien mumbled as he let me go.

My eyes widened. Damien looked around the room until his eyes fell on his closet.

“Are you kidding me?” I mumbled quietly.

“Well, it’s kind of appropriate,” he mumbled, making me roll my eyes at him.

“I’m coming,” Damien said loudly, smirking at me.

I started walking toward the closet and he grabbed me and shoved his tongue down my throat. I was so fucking turned on it hurt.

“Go,” Damien mumbled against my lips.

I rushed to the closet and got inside. I closed the door and took a deep breath.

“Sophie?” I heard Damien mumble, his voice laced with surprise.

Sophie?!

Fuck!

I was hoping that she didn’t come to ask him to sleep here. I would be trapped here until she fell asleep.

“Hi,” I heard her soft voice. “Is Eli here?”

I fucking froze.

“Elijah?” I heard Damien ask, his voice trembling. “No. Why would he be here?”

Sophie was silent, but I heard the bedroom door close.

“I went to his room to talk to him, but I couldn’t find him,” Sophie said. “I just assumed that he was here.”

Why would she do that? Why would she assume I was here? Did she see something?

Fuck!

I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to take a deep breath.

“Why would you assume that?” Damien asked, his voice trembling.

Fuck. He was so fucking obvious.

Sophie was silent for a few moments. I desperately wanted to open the door and see what the hell was going on.

“Sophie?” Damien called her quietly.

“Because I know that something is going on between you,” she said and my heart stopped.

She knew?!

How? When did she find out? We were careful! How the hell did she find out?!

I was going to pass out.

“What?” Damien mumbled, his voice laced with worry. “Why would you say that, Sophie?”

I could hear her sigh.

“I am very good at reading people,” she said. “I had to learn how to do that. I’ve known for a while that something is going on between you and Eli.”

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

“So, is he here?” Sophie asked after a few moments of silence.

I took a deep breath and opened the closet door. She looked at me and smiled brightly. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Damien. He was staring at her in complete shock.

“Eli!” she exclaimed as she rushed to me and hugged me. “I am so happy for you!”

I wrapped my arms around her and looked at Damien. I had so many questions.

He closed his eyes and shook his head.

“You are not angry?” he mumbled, making Sophie look at him.

“Why would I be angry?” she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. “I am happy you guys are together.”

Another wave of nervousness washed over me. Damien and I never really talked about it. The sex was amazing and everything, but there were so many obstacles between us.

“Well, Soph, we aren’t really…,” Damien mumbled, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Her eyes widened and she looked at me.

“Why?!” she exclaimed.

I took a deep breath and walked to the bed, pulling Sophie behind me. I sat down and made her sit next to me.

“It’s a bit complicated, Soph,” I mumbled. “Our families…”

“Were enemies, yes,” she interrupted me. “But that’s in the past. What is stopping you?”

I glanced at Damien. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

“We share a sister,” he mumbled. “People would think it was weird.”

She scoffed and shook her head.

“You are not related,” she said. “That’s not an issue.”

Damien bit the inside of his cheek.

“You seem eager to bring us together,” he said with amusement in his voice.

She sighed and nodded. “I’ve been watching the two of you flirt for days. It’s obvious that you like each other. Don’t give up because of other people. Who cares what they will think about it.”

I chuckled and pulled her into a hug. Damien shook his head and approached us. We both wrapped our arms around her.

“We love you, honey,” I said as I kissed her temple.

“Even when you stick your nose where it doesn’t belong,” Damien snorted as he pulled her to him and kissed her forehead.

She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of someone’s nose to nudge things along,” she said, making both Damien and I laugh.

“What?” Damien asked her, chuckling and shaking her head.

She shrugged and smiled at him. “I don’t know. I made it up.”

I shook my head and hugged her tightly.

“You little devil,” I mumbled as I kissed her forehead.

She looked at me and smiled. I caressed her cheek and took a deep breath.

“Okay, honey,” I said. “It’s late. You should go to bed.”

“Who is staying with you tonight?” Damien asked her.

“Luke,” she said as she stood up. “He made a fort out of pillows.”

I chuckled and Damien rolled his eyes.

“Someone should legally take like 10 years from his age,” Damien said. “He is such a kid.”

I shook my head and watched as Sophie started walking toward the door. I remembered something she said when she came here.

“Honey?” I called her. “Why were you looking for me? Did you need something?”

She turned around and grinned.

“No,” she said. “I saw you walking in here and I thought it was as good time as any to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong.”

My eyes widened and Damien snorted loudly.

“Good night,” she said as she opened the door and slipped out of the room.

I couldn’t help but laugh. She really was a little devil. She was our little devil.