Episode 10: Jaunedice part 1

No one's Pov

Our story starts with a battle between Cardin Winchester and Jaune Arc. Jaune appears out of breath and slowly looks up.

Jaune: Uggh.

Cardin: Ha ha ha!

Jaune: C'mon.

Jaune Charges with his sword facing Cardin.

Cardin dodges and uses his mace to knock Jaune back as Jaune's shield falls to the ground.

Jaune owned counter: 2.

Jaune gets back up and tries to strike Cardin with his sword. Cardin uses his sword to parry Jaune's attack and pushes Jaune back.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-

Jaune then gets hit in the groin as Cardin prepares a finishing blow!

Jaune owned counter: 3

???: That's enough.

The lights dim as you can see two health bars with pictures of Cardin and Jaune above them.

Ms. Goodwich was the one demonstrating how a tournament was set up.

Glynda: As you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel this would indicate that Mr. Arc would not be fit for battle, and the official may call the match.

Jaune looked at Pyrrha in the field, she looked sad that Jaune had lost the match.

Glynda: Mr. Arc it's been weeks now please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when to attack and when to move into a more defensive strategy.

Jaune looked at his scroll and back to Glynda.

Glynda: We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowulf, would we?

Cardin: *scoff* speak for yourself.

Glynda: Remember everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before the visitors from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale so keep practicing.

Ruby, Yang, and Weiss all get excited. Acoustic just smirks as he is confident, he will win. Sans doesn't really care. Cloud and Pyrrha look over at Y/n.

Y/n: Let's GOOO!

Glynda: Those who chose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

As the bell rings, Pyrrha looks over to Jaune who looks a little sad. Y/n follows her gaze and decides to help Jaune a bit.

Time skip Y/n's Pov-

Hit: Hey, you can't use my ability!

Narrator: Hey, Hit you're not supposed to be here!

Hit: Well, stop using my technique!

The Narrator rolls his eyes and pulls out a wad of money.

Hit: Fine but watch yourself!

Narrator: Anyways.

Nora: So, there we were, in the middle of the night-

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursa.