Chapter 12: Crystal

Start from the beginning

"Uhmm... I want to keep it..." Brann stuttered nervously.

"Really?" ShinRin asked, "Why?"

"I- I just think it- it looks cool..."

"Well... alright... If you say so. Just be more careful next time."

"Alright..."

Meanwhile, Zach was helping Shams get back up.

"I'm guessing you two weren't playing chase?" Zach muttered.

"Nope..." Shams replied.

"What's his deal with me, anyway?"

"It's a personal reason. His personal business."

At that moment, Obi came into the cavern and saw Zach and Shams.

"Are you sure you're fine?" he asked.

"Yeah," Shams replied, "It's nothing, really."

"What happened?" Obi asked as she descended near them, with a full bag on her back.

"We crashed," Brann answered. "That's it."

Shams rolled her eyes. "Zach and ShinRin helped us. We're fine."

"Oh, he did?" Obi asked, surprised. "Huh, that's nice. Uhm... I got the stuff you guys needed."

She took her bag off and handed the items Shams, Brann and ShinRin wanted. Shams held in her hand what appeared to be the leg of a sheep.

"Do you guys not normally hunt?" Zach asked.

"We do," Shams answered, "But not sheep, their hair makes me sneeze. Which is sad 'cause that's Queen's favorite."

"Oh!"

"Hey, Zach," said Obi, "could you send these to Vatten and Noapte... please...?"

"S-sure- I can do that," Zach replied.

"...T-thank you..."

The other Draconics looked at Obi, confused. It was rare for them to hear her say those words.

"Uh...anyway!" Obi continued, "I'll be in my cavern for the rest of the day!!"

She quickly flew back up to an opening near the very top of the Mountain.

Zach headed off to give Vatten and Noapte their things. He first went to Vatten's cavern, since it was the closest.

As he walked in that direction, he saw a huge ravine in the ground. He had seen this ravine a couple of times before, and he would always go as far as he possibly could from it. He didn't even want to look at the bottom.

As he passed by, Zach heard a familiar sound.

"Oink oink!!"

He turned around. It was Bucky.

"Oh, crap!" he thought, "If Bucky is here... that means-"

"OOF!!"

Zach felt himself being pushed to the ground. He flipped over and saw Brann.

"Rule number two!!" he shouted sternly, "I thought I made that very clear to you!!"

"I'm sorry!" Zach shouted, "What was I supposed to do?"

"Say no, that's what! You! Are! NOTHING! You're just trash!!"

"Garbage..."

"Then what do you want me to do, Dad?!"