Chapter 11

Sharon Leal as Katherine "Katy" Wills 

Brian J White as Aaron

Rain

After a long and needed shower, I quickly dried off, wrapped the towel around myself, then looked at what Katy laid out for me. I quickly tore open the new Hanes underwear and put a black pair on before looking through the basket.There were plenty of menstrual pads to choose from so I settled for The Always Thin night time pads. The pajamas she left smelled of fresh linens that made me want to bundle up in them. They were warm as if they had just come out of the dryer.

Once I was dressed, I refused to leave her bathroom a mess so I looked under the cabinet for any cleaning supplies she might have and found a bathtub cleaner and all purpose cleaner. I cleaned the tub to make sure I left no trace of blood or bacteria. I went ahead and wiped down the counters as well.

As I put everything away, I noticed she had a first aid kit. I quickly took a few bandages and dressed my wombs with them before putting on my sweater over the shirt she gave me. I gathered my clothes and dirty towels then made my way out of the room.

Creeping down the stairs, I could hear Raiden's soft voice mixed in with Katy's cherry voice. I can't lie and say I was happy to hear her voice filled with joy again. I'm not sure why but her aura seemed low these past couple of weeks, so hearing it even if it was for a moment.

" You can't eat it just yet buddy. It's still hot." I heard her sweet voice. The word eat brought my senses back as the smell of home cooking filled my nostrils.

The cold hardwood creaked announcing my presence. Although he is sick, Raiden's face lit up when he saw me.

" Hi Rainy" He greeted, he was seated at the kitchen table with a bowl of vegetable soup and saltine crackers sitting in front of him. I greeted him back with a soft smile.

Katy walked over to me, taking my dirty laundry out of my hands. " I'll wash these later. How are you feeling?" she asked me. She walked away from me before I could answer and went into a room off to the side of the kitchen. I then realized she still wanted me to answer when she stuck her head out to look at me.