21

Yeonjun just sat there with a crooked smile, a lamp now shattered by his head, as blood ran down his forehead from where Nari, who was on the opposite side of the room, was now reaching for the coat rack.

"You're a what now? Are you joking with me or what?" Nari exclaimed, as Yeonjun shook his head, baring his fangs.
On instinct, her heart raced, and she rushed out the room.

Beomgyu caught her on the bottom of the stairs, catching her wrists in his hands.

"Calm," he compelled, as she instantly stopped squirming in his grip.

"What.. how.." Nari exclaimed, as Yeonjun just calmly walked down the stairs, Taehyun laughing at the blood and the ruffled patch of hair.

"Look, I haven't hurt you, so I don't think you needed to break a lamp over my head." Yeonjun frowned, as Nari just looked up at him on top of the staircase, barely illuminated by the yellow flickering lamp on the staircase, refracting on the glass surrounding its iridescent bulb.

"You've never bitten me? I don't believe that." Nari grumbled, as Yeonjun shrugged, coming and whisking her from Beomgyu's grip.

"And what if I have?" Yeonjun whispered softly, kissing her neck, his fangs pressing gently against her skin, "I will always heal you. Nari, look, you make me feel human again."

"..so you're serious?" Nari whispered softly, her voice slightly coarse and face red in embarrassment.
"Well, I guess you did tell me Hyunjin is a werewolf, and I almost died because of it- oh!" Nari exclaimed as if she had just connected the dots of something important.

"That's why I couldn't touch you when I was marked- because you're not human." Nari said, giggling, as Yeonjun just smiled awkwardly, holding her waist.

"Mhm. That's correct." Yeonjun said, before sighing.
"Like wolves, vampires need to mark their mate. Now usually I would do this after we have been together for awhile, but I don't have the time. The wolves have kidnapped Soobin, and they want you in exchange," he shushed Nari before she could interrupt, "and if I mark you, you are protected from them marking you, you see?"

"But will I feel sick? You know, I almost died because of Hyunjin." She asked softly, as Yeonjun shook his head.

"No, because if you already like me, it won't be an issue," Yeonjun's eyes darted to her, his hands trailing along her arms, "you do like me, yeah?"

"Hmm, I don't know," Nari teased, before sighing, "you need to save Soobin. I get it. Will it hurt?"

Yeonjun shook his head, as he wrapped his arm around her back, the other one stroking her cheek.
"It'll just feel like a love bite."

"But what if you stop liking me?" Nari asked quietly.

"Then I'll remove it. So please don't worry, and relax." Yeonjun said, as Nari just leaned back against his grip, before he kissed her neck tenderly, and then her collarbone, and then there was a sharp stabbing pain against her shoulder, but it vanished as quick as it had come.

Unlike when Hyunjin had did it, a warmth spread throughout her body, as she giggled happily, opening her eyes as she pushed Yeonjun back softly to kiss him herself.
"That felt.. lovely. Can you explain the process to me later? After we've rescued Soobin?" She asked, as Yeonjun just smiled, kissing her lips.

"Of course I can. Are you a good actor, Nari?" Yeonjun asked, as her smile wavered.

"I can try?" Yeonjun sighed at that, peppering her neck with kisses.
"You'll do great."

"Yeonjun, hurry up. We're getting closer to sunrise." Beomgyu said, scowling, as Yeonjun just nodded, picking Nari up over his shoulders, and running out the house.

"Act like you hate me. Be disgusted if they tell you I'm a vampire. I'll come back for you at dusk- I just, i need to make sure Soobin is healed. He's like my brother." Yeonjun explained, stopping outside of the wolves home.

Nari just nodded, wanting to hug him as she was put down, but instead kept her distance.
Hyunjin came walking out lazily from the house, dragging Soobin behind him.

"Ah! And the sun is almost up, so he might need this," Hyunjin threw a ring at Yeonjun- Soobin's daylight ring.

Yeonjun tensed up, the state of his friend sending shivers down his spine, and if his heart could beat it would be racing.

Soobin was hunched over, bleeding from his eyes and his nose, coughing desperately for air he didn't even need.

Hyunjin reached out a hand.

"The girl." He said simply, as Yeonjun pushed her forward.
Nari stumbled closer to Hyunjin, and then she was enveloped in his arms- no, another wolves arms.

She recognised his face quickly- Felix. She had only ever seen him briefly.

"Hey, Nari, let's head inside." He smiled, whisking her away.
Yeonjun's eyes burned into Felix's- out of all the wolves, he trusted him the least.

He had killed Beomgyu's last partner- well, that's what Yeonjun wanted him to believe.
He couldn't let Beomgyu hate him for what was an accident waiting to happen.

Nari just stayed still in Felix's arms, as Hyunjin watched them walk off, before shoving Soobin forward.

He staggered pathetically into Yeonjun's arms.

"Sorry, Jun, you're right.. they're much stronger.." Soobin stuttered, as Yeonjun just held his brother close, holding a hand out.

"The blood, Hyunjin." Yeonjun said, scowling.

Hyunjin pulled the vial from his pocket, holding it out- but as Yeonjun reached for it, he dropped it, grinning.

"Oops!"