12

"Run? Oh no, Hyunjin, we're staying here. This is our territory, after all. You shouldn't have followed us for another, what, three years? Or did you miss me that badly?" Yeonjun seethed, glancing at Nari.

This was when he first noticed the blood on her neck, as he bit his tongue.
"Nari, what happened?" He asked, as she shrugged.
"Don't know. There's no cut or anything. Are you two friends?" Nari asked, as Yeonjun shrugged.

"You could say that, but I want you to go home, and leave me to it. You don't remember seeing me on the roof, or hearing mine and Hyunjin's conversation." Yeonjun compelled, as Nari went to wander on down stairs.

Hyunjin scoffed. "Wow. Real classy, dude. Compelling the poor girl is a bit mean, don't you think? She deserves to know."

Yeonjun shook his head. "No one needs to be involved in my life. Now, are we going to dance, dog, or are you just here to sneer at me?"

Hyunjin smiled, pulling a stake from his waistband.

"Oh, I'm more than ready, leech."

Yeonjun lunged at Hyunjin, but he was too fast, flipping Yeonjun onto his back as his eyes flashed yellow.
Hyunjin was hovering the stake over Yeonjun's chest, as he knocked it out of the way, causing Hyunjin to stake him in the shoulder instead.

Yeonjun hissed, pulling the stake out, and trying to turn it to Hyunjin instead.

But Hyunjin bit his hand, Yeonjun crying out in pain as Hyunjin jumped off of him, smirking.

"You're going to die. We're poisonous to you, remember that. I hope you go painfully." Hyunjin chuckled, and as Yeonjun blinked, he was gone.

He sat up, glancing at his hand.
Where the bite mark was, black veins seeped down his arm, as the poison spread.
Yeonjun gripped at his head, pain riveting through his body, cursing to himself.

"Yeonjun, hurry up- oh my god." Huening Kai stopped in his tracks as he saw his older laying on the floor, bleeding rivers from his shoulder and hand.
Yeonjun just glanced at him, before cursing.

"Kai, do we have anything for a werewolf bite? If not, I am completely, and utterly, doomed." Yeonjun grumbled, as Huening Kai helped him up, vamp-speeding away until they were home.

Soobin was standing at the door waiting to scold Yeonjun, but as soon as he saw his friend in such a state, he dropped it.

"What happened?" Soobin asked, as Yeonjun shuffled awkwardly to the couch, blood bag in hand as he drunk it slowly, Taehyun coming and bandaging up the other.

"The wolves.. they're back. They've tracked us here. I went up to the rooftop to find Nari, because we only have a week or so to finish our dance thing, and she was there talking to Hyunjin. I compelled her to go home of course, and then me and Hyunjin fought. He's strong, so much more stronger than last time. He got me, so I'm doomed. Simple as that. Thousands of years on this planet, for nothing." Yeonjun sighed, as Soobin sat on the coffee table, staring his friend down.

"You're not going to die. There's a few ways to cure werewolf venom. Firstly, is to kill the wolf who infected you - so Hyunjin dies, and so does the venom in your system. But since we're outnumbered, and out of strength due to, well, our change of diet, we can't win. Secondly, is for you to drink the blood of a hybrid, but my last hybrid friend lives on the other side of the planet; you'd be dead before we can retrieve it." Soobin explained, glancing away.

"There is a third option, but you're not going to like it."

Yeonjun coughed. "I'll take anything. What is it?"

"You.. you have to drink from a human until the brink of death, but this has to be a human that the wolves have met - specifically one they've marked." Soobin said slowly, as Yeonjun's expression dropped.

"But you don't think-"

Beomgyu interjected this time.
"If Hyunjin was on the rooftop with Nari, he probably marked her. He likes to piss you off, Yeonjun. So you've got to kill her, there's no other way."

Soobin turned to glare at him.
"Speaking of Nari, why did you give her that necklace? That was the one thing that allowed for everything to stay under our control."

Beomgyu shrugged. "I didn't want Yeonjun to keep tricking her - look, if it had gone south I would've gotten her to take it off, don't worry."

"Now, Soobin, I wouldn't be too upset with all this, I mean, she is just a normal human, but by the time we can get her here and make sure she is actually marked, I'll be too weak for it to do anything." Yeonjun explained, glancing at his arm.
The veins were spreading higher, his skin breaking out into sores.

Soobin grinned. "Don't worry, Jun, I've got it all sorted."

"A sleepover?" Nari questioned on her end of the phone, as Soobin sighed.

"Yes, I'm inviting you for a sleepover. Also, since me and Yeonjun are roommates, you guys can practice your dance thing together. I'm quite intrigued by it." Soobin asked, as Nari just hummed.

"Right, okay, send me your address. I'll be there soon." She replied, before hanging up.

She packed her stuff quickly, locking the door behind her.

There on her doorstep was the guy from the rooftop.

"How. What?" She stammered, as he just smiled.

"I swear I'm not stalking you. I told you, me and Yeonjun go wayyy back, he told me where you live. Are you busy? I want to hang out, yeah?" Hyunjin said, leaning in close, his face inches from Nari's.

She shook her head. "Sorry, Hyunjin, I already have plans tonight. I'm going for a sleepover, with my friends. Maybe another night?"

Hyunjin smiled, and nodded. "Ah, yes, that'll work! Safe travels then, Nari, and I'll see you at school!" He chuckled, before leaning in and kissing Nari on the cheek.

She felt a shock rush through her body, as he just moved away, smirking.

Then she blinked, and he was gone, but the tingling on her face never vanished, but spread through her whole body.

What the hell?