07

Nari's heart was racing at the buzz she felt as his lips touched hers, a warmth different to that in her dreams.

This was real.

He went to pull away but she pushed him back down eagerly, kissing him again, which caused Yeonjun to let out a low incoherent growl.
Nari couldn't hear what he said, but then in a second he was across the room, panting.

"Nari. You don't want to do this." He sad lowly, as he rubbed at his mouth.
Nari saw the lining of fangs in his mouth, and now her heart wasn't pounding because she was flustered.
She was scared and downright confused.

"Yeonjun? What are you talking about?" She asked, pushing herself back against the couch.
"It's nothing. Don't worry." He said, regaining his composure as he stood up straight again, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

He was trying to figure out what to do. Should he compel her to forget? It's not like she saw anything, he thought, so he shook that thought away, and moved back over near Nari.

"We can't be together, Nari." He said slowly, turning to face her.
"Why? Do you have a girlfriend already? Oh my god I'm so sorry if so, I mean you kissed me so that would be your fault but I kept going." She rambled, but Yeonjun placed a finger on her lips, causing her to go quiet.

"I'm scared you'll get hurt. That's all. Now, want to work on that project?" Yeonjun suggested, quickly switching up.

Nari brushed him off. "Why would I get hurt?"

"Nari, let's just work on the project. I don't want to talk about it anymore." Yeonjun said, going over to her speaker as he connected his phone.

"No, Yeonjun, tell me. Why would I get hurt?" Nari pushed, walking over to him and tapping his shoulder.

He turned quickly, grabbing her wrist in his hand, as his fangs instinctively popped from his mouth.

Nari tried to pull her wrist back, it aching as he gripped tighter.

"Because I'm a monster, Nari. But you can't know that." Yeonjun said, frowning.

He let go of her as she blinked, rubbing her wrist.
"You're full of yourself, aren't you? Let me guess, you're just the cliche school's hot boy who cheats on girls, yeah?" Nari asked, clicking her tongue.

Yeonjun chuckled darkly. "You could sure as hell say that much."

Nari rolled her eyes. "Then why'd you kiss me? Asshole."

Yeonjun could still hear her heart thumping, and he thought, why not.

He stepped closer to her, holding her chin.
"But you liked it, didn't you?"

Nari was flustered, him being a mere few inches away.
"I.." she started, not being able to cough the words up.
Yeonjun went to lean in to kiss her, but just licked the edge of her lip, then standing backwards.

"It's okay to say you like me. I get it all the time." Yeonjun grinned, as Nari's temper grew.

Just what the hell was that?

"Stop playing with me, are we practising or am I calling a cab to send you home?" Nari asked.

Yeonjun shook his head. "No need for that. I already connected my phone. You're the one asking me pointless questions."

So he played the music, as Nari started dancing, Yeonjun finally joining in.
He found it quite easy to match in tempo with her, and that's when he noticed something.

Nari was actually a really skilled dancer.

When they had finished running through the first part, Yeonjun faked heavy breathing to match hers, asking through breaths.

"Do you plan to become an idol?"

Nari turned quickly. "Uh, kind of, but I think they're turn me away. You see, I'm not the most attractive person, and they only want pretty faces. You could do it, for sure." She explained.

"Well that's not very fair. I don't want to be one. Well I've thought about it, sure, but fame isn't really for me." Yeonjun smiled slightly.

"I think you should audition. I'll come with you, so you're not scared, y'know?" He offered.

"Well there's one next week... but if you come with me they'll just scout you." Nari frowned.

Yeonjun shook his hand. "No they won't. Trust me."

"Thank you for the offer though. You're nice when you want to be." She smiled.

Yeonjun observed how her lips pursed, as she felt him staring she covered her mouth.
"Is there something in my teeth?" She asked.

Yeonjun shook his head. "You just have a really nice smile."
He mentally cursed himself for that.
Number one rule of a vampire. Don't fall for a human.