01

"Nari Lee and Choi Yeonjun, you're group one." Ms Kim, the dance teacher instructed.

Nari's eyes darted around the room. Who the hell was Yeonjun?
Oh right, she thought.
It was the new boy, who had already gained himself quite a high reputation for being a 'looker'.

Cliche new hot boy, Nari thought, rolling her eyes slightly.
"How much more of a romance novel could this become? Love at first sight?" She thought, as a boy came walking over to her, eyeing her up and down in judgement.

"I take you're Nari." Yeonjun said curtly, as he watched the girl hide behind her black hair, which seemed to be newly curled as the locks twisted.

She nodded, before looking up at him.

"So you're Yeonjun? You're quite the talk of the school." Nari said, locking eyes with his before looking away in embarrassment.
This was going to be a long assessment, she thought.

"I suppose I am." He then turned away, to watch the teacher as she finished assigning groups.

"Your task is to create and choreograph a dance snippet to the song of your choice. It has to be at least a minute in length. I will mark you on creativity, and teamwork. The more in sync you are with your partner, the better of a mark you will receive. You have five weeks, so make them count." Ms Kim said, before she wandered around the room to talk to the students.

Yeonjun turned to Nari.
"You got any ideas?"

"Well do you?" She responded curtly.
Yeonjun was about to snap back, but he bit at his tongue, as the sweet scent of blood filled his nose.

"I'll be back." He whispered, walking at a definitely-not-human pace as he zoomed out the door.

Nari's eyes looked around the room, hoping it would drown out how lonely she suddenly felt, her friends working with their partners, as she stood there, waiting for Yeonjun to come back.

Her eyes caught onto one of her classmates, Mark, who's hand was bleeding.
Ms Kim was all over him, instructing another boy to go to the office to get a bandage, as she looked around the room.

"Nari. Go to the office please hun, and tell them we've had an incident. He may need stitches." She said, as Nari nodded, rushing off.

As she rushed to the office, she walked straight into a wall of muscle, as she looked up, glaring.

"Yeonjun? Where did you go? Never mind that, get back to class."

"I'll pass. Now where are you going?"

"Getting some kid emergency help. Now please move." Nari said, already on the edge of having a temper tantrum.

Yeonjun leaned down, frowning.

"Make me." He scoffed, as Nari fumed, trying to walk around him.

But he kept getting back in the way.

"What is your problem? Someone is in pain and you're stopping me from helping." Nari yelled out in frustration.

"You people are pathetic. Gosh, he's not going to care whether you get admin to call an ambulance for him or not. Because in a few years, it'll be irrelevant. That's the way of a human life." Yeonjun scoffed, pulling Nari towards him.

She struggled under his grip, confused as he tipped her chin up, so he was looking right into her eyes, which were full of bewilderment.

"You won't remember this conversation. You'll turn around, trip over, and then go to the office to get help for yourself, and forget about Mark Tuan's little injury." He whispered, as Nari nodded.

Then in a blink she was by herself, as she turned to head back to class.

But she stumbled and hit the concrete, grazing her knee.
She winced, standing up and almost limping to the office.

Eventually another of her classmates, Ryujin came rushing in, talking to the admin about Mark, glancing to Nari.

"Weren't you sent here to get him help?" Ryujin asked, as the office lady made her calls.

Nari tilted her head.
"No, I don't think I was."

Ryujin pursed her lips.
"I'm pretty sure you were. But what happened Nari, you're bleeding."

Nari shrugged. "I tripped."

Ryujin let it slide as she walked back off to class, the office lady following.

Nari just sat there, waiting for another lady to come give her a bandaid, but as the siren blared, she sighed, and went off to her next class.

Her partner, Yeonjun, was nowhere to be seen, even though he was meant to be in her next class as well.

"You're so lucky you get to work with him! I would die to be in your position." Jihyo said, her voice half a whine as she clung onto Nari.

"He spoke like two sentences to me. It's miserable. I would much rather your partner, Mark. What happened to him, actually?" Nari questioned.

"I don't know. He was fine one second, then he was stretching, and he slipped, stumbling forward, and sliced his hand on a piece of broken vent. Lucky it was just his hand, he could've ruined his face." Jihyo shuddered jokingly.

"Now that would've sucked. He's quite pretty." Nari chuckled, eyes trailing to the door to the cafeteria as Yeonjun wandered in, four boys flanking him.

"Well, not only one hottie came to the school, but five!" Jihyo giggled, as Nari eyed her.

"Please tell me you haven't gone all deeply and stalker-y and found out everything about them." Nari facepalmed.

Jihyo shrugged with a sly smile.

"Maybe... well let me give you a run through. On the far left, you have Heuining Kai, mostly known as Kai. He's a few years younger than us, and does mostly vocal classes. Beside him is Taehyun. Total looker, and does vocal pathways as well. On the far right with the highlights is Beomgyu. He's in all these different classes apparently, so no one has figured out exactly what he's doing here yet, but that's a work in progress. Beside him is Soobin, second oldest of the five. Real nice and charming guy, and the most talkative of the five. Then in the middle, we have the Choi Yeonjun, your partner, and the schools new hot boy." Jihyo explained, letting out a breath as she smiled.

Nari looked at her, impressed and scared.

"Do you ever do schoolwork?"

Jihyo laughed slightly.
"Oh no. Figuring out peoples social demographics is way more important, dear."

"If you want me to be honest, I didn't hate her, I just hated the idea of school. Or maybe I did hate her, who knows." Yeonjun shrugged, grabbing the girls wrist, lifting it to his mouth, as he bit down, and as soon as he did he pulled away, licking his lips which had been painted red.

"I heard everything her friend said to her. Ah, Jihyo. Strange girl, but she was nice. I think Taehyun had a small thing for her for awhile." Yeonjun said, leaning back with a sigh.

"That was my first encounter with Nari. I kind of knew from then, that something was going to happen. Whether that was going to be good or bad, I didn't know back then. I wish I did."