Chapter 15

Alex pov:

It is been 2 weeks since we killed Mary we are still in Paris going to dates spending most of the time in bed watching movies and cuddling and having the best time in our life when one day rebekah called us and told us about the cure of vampires and that she want it so here I am with professeur Shane waiting for kol to bring Rebekah

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline is walking down the hallway with the white oak stake in her hand. She looks in a classroom for Rebekah. She texts Stefan "2nd floor clear..." She hears a noise and turns around. Stefan is walking along another hallway and gets her text. He looks in another classroom. He hears a noise and looks towards the end of the hallway and texts Caroline "1st floor. I'll distract her. You stake her." but is interrupted when Rebekah shows up.
Rebekah: Hello, Stefan.
He puts his phone in his pocket.
Stefan: I'm here. What do you want?
Rebekah: The same thing I wanted when you helped Niklaus dagger me.
Stefan: The cure.
Rebekah pushes him against the lockers, Stefan grabs her and pushes her against the lockers.
Rebekah: I hope you're not waiting for Caroline to show up and stake me...
She shows him the stake.
Rebekah: ...because I already found her.
A few moments later, Rebekah walks into the library with Stefan.
Elena: Stefan...
Elena gets up.
Rebekah: Did I say you could move?
Elena sits back down.
Rebekah: Class is in session. You've all been compelled; you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learnt, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?
Elena: A map.
Rebekah: Which led to...? Caroline?
Caroline: A cure for vampirism.
Rebekah: Perfect, so we're all caught up. Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong.
Rebekah looks at April.
Rebekah: What are you doing?
April: Oh, you asked me to take notes.
Rebekah: I wasn't being literal, darling. But now that you mention it...a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push-pins. Go, fetch.
April leaves the room.
Stefan: You're wasting your time. We don't know anything.
Rebekah: So, you just gave up? I thought you would do anything to save Elena? Even if it meant taking the cure yourself, so you could grow old and die with her?
Elena looks at Stefan with a shocked look on her face.
Rebekah: Why do you look so surprised?
No one answers.
Rebekah: I'm missing something. What is it?
Caroline: They broke up, okay?
Rebekah smiles.
Caroline: Now let us go.
Rebekah: Broke up? Wait, I'm confused. I thought Elena was your epic love, Stefan?
Rebekah sits down in April's chair and she looks at Stefan.
Rebekah: I asked you what happened. You have to tell me.
Stefan: She slept with Damon.
Elena looks at Stefan, surprised, and then she looks at Caroline who looks remorseful.
Rebakah, Elena, Stefan, and Caroline are still sitting at a table alone in the library. Rebekah stands up.
Rebekah: So, vampire Elena is a trollop who likes bad boys, which explains why Stefan reeks of alcohol. But what it doesn't explain is why sweet, loving, innocent Elena could be so heartless towards Stefan.
Elena looks at Stefan.
Rebekah: How could she hurt you like that? Answer, please.
Stefan: She didn't know it at the time, but she was sired to Damon.
Rebekah sits on a chair between Stefan and Elena.
Rebekah: A sire bond. That's fascinating. And what do you think about that, Elena?
Elena: I think you're sad and bored and in desperate need of a hobby.
Rebekah compels Elena.
Rebekah: You're hiding something. Fess up.
Elena: I didn't sleep with Damon because of the sire bond. I slept with Damon because I'm in love with him.
Stefan looks up and at Elena. He seems visibly hurt by what she said. Elena looks shocked at what she said.
Caroline: What does any of this have to do with the stupid cure?
Rebekah: You're right. We got off the point. Stefan, how do I find the cure? Unless, you'd rather talk about Damon and Elena all day.
Stefan: There's a professor. He knows where the cure is.
Rebekah: Thank you. And, uh, where do I find this professor?

Professor Shane's Office

Bonnie is alone with Shane in his office.
Bonnie: Okay, so now I'm "gifted"? He hates my witch heritage. That's why he travels all the time; he can't handle it. And then, suddenly, he wants to be a protective father? No, not like this. Come on, distract me. Isn't there some magic therapy-thing you haven't shown me yet?
Prof. Shane: Listen, Bonnie, I hate to tell you this-actually, you know what? I take that back. I'm proud to tell you this. You don't need my help anymore. In fact...
Shane pulls out a box from a drawer in his desk. He takes out a necklace.
Prof. Shane: I was hoping to present this with a cupcake or something. Happy graduation.
He hands Bonnie the necklace.
Bonnie: It's beautiful.
Prof. Shane: It's human bone.
Bonnie: Oh.
Prof. Shane: Legend says it was worn by the 2000-year-old witch, Qetsiyah, who drew on it for strength. Bonnie, you have come so far so fast. You trust my opinion. Your magic is exactly where it needs to be.
Bonnie: Does this mean that I have to go home now?
Prof. Shane: It means I've got a stack of papers that I have to grade by tomorrow.
Bonnie: I can take a hint.
Bonnie stands up.
Bonnie: Thanks, Shane.
[Bonnie leaves, she walks down the hallway and walks past Alex. She doesn't recognize her at first. She walks past her with a smile on her face. Around the corner she stops and suddenly realizes who dhe was.
Bonnie: Oh, my God-Alex!!
She rushes to Shane's office to find it empty.
Bonnie: Shane!

Mystic Falls High School

Kol and Alex walk in.
Kol: Sister...Look at this! You're even worse than Klaus.
Rebekah: Kol, Alex finally. Did you bring what I asked for?
Kol shoves Shane into the libaray.
Rebekah: You must be Shane.
Kol shoves Shane into a custodial closet, Rebekah close behind them.
Prof. Shane: Kol, Rebekah and alexandra Mikaelson...three members of the Original vampire family. This is such a trip.
Rebekah tries to compel him.
Rebekah: Where's the cure?
Prof. Shane: Compulsion won't work. It's a little trick I picked up in Tibet.
Rebekah: Right. Well, we'll just have to do this the old-fashioned way.
Kol smiles.
Rebekah: Beat him until he tells you where to find it.
Rebekah walks out of the room, leaving Kol, Alex and Shane there. Rebekah walks back to the library where Stefan, Elena and Caroline are sitting at the table.
Rebekah: Still glued to your seats? Ahh, it's thick with tension in here. Let's spice things up a bit. Elena, truth or dare?
Stefan: We're done playing your stupid games, Rebekah.
Rebekah: Truth or dare, Elena. You're compelled. Answer.
Elena: Dare.
Rebekah: I dare you to tell Stefan the truth about Damon.
Caroline: Seriously?
Rebekah looks at Elena.
Elena: Being with Damon makes me happy.
Rebekah: Makes you happy? Clowns make you happy, Elena. Dig a little deeper.
Elena: When I'm with him...it feels unpredictable, like...like I'm free.
Rebekah: And how do you feel when you're with Stefan?
Caroline: Stop.
Rebekah: She can't, she's compelled.
Elena: Lately, I feel like I'm a project, like I'm a problem that needs to be fixed. I think I make him sad, and I can't be with someone like that, because when he looks at me, all he sees is a broken toy.
Rebekah smiles but Stefan looks hurt by what Elena said.
Rebekah: Do you still love Stefan?
Elena: Yes.
Rebekah: Are you still in love with Stefan?
Elena: No.
Elena looks like she wants to cry. Rebekah turns to Stefan.
Rebekah: Did that hurt? Having someone you love drive a dagger through your heart?
Stefan: Go to hell.
Rebekah: Did...that...hurt?
Stefan: Yes.
Rebekah: Welcome to the last 900 years of my life.
Stefan looks at Rebekah. Suddenly Tyler runs through the door.
Rebekah: Ah, good, you're here. It was just getting depressing.
Tyler: What the hell is going on?
Rebekah: Listen to the rules carefully. Stay in the building, no vamp-running in the hallways
Caroline: Vamp-running from what?
Rebekah looks Tyler in the eye and compels him.
Rebekah: Turn.
Elena: What?
Caroline: He can't, he'll lose control!
Rebekah: That's the whole point. I've exhausted all your knowledge. Now I have the professor to help me find the cure, you're just competition. Whoever finds it first gets to decide what to do with it. Use it, share it, destroy it, save it. I want that to be me.
Tyler: But if I turn, I'll kill them.
Rebekah: Yes, you will. Turn.
Rebekah walks out.