38. Coffee & Cross Your Heart

Hobi pushes himself off of the bed and staggers his way to the door. He doesn't even check before opening it.

Jin is standing there with 2 coffees, like he does.

"Hoseok?"

"Jin Hyung?"

"I thought you left. Wait did you spend the night here?" Jin asks Hobi.

You hear Jin in the living room and get up off your bed slowly, making your way out of the bedroom, pushing your hair out of your face. Jin's face is a mix of curiosity, concern and a hint of... jealousy? No, couldn't be.

You tilt your head as you spot him at the door. You smile as he makes eye contact with you. He seems to return the smile immediately.

"Jinnie!"

He walks past Hobi, places the coffees on the table and opens his arms up towards you

He walks past Hobi, places the coffees on the table and opens his arms up towards you. You smile and walk into his arms, burying your face in his chest. He holds you close

"You won't look at me, Venus?"

You smile, keeping your face down, then mumble, "haven't brushed yet"

He giggles and pats your head.

"You're running late, cutie. Go freshen up, I brought coffee." You nod and look up at him as he slowly lets go. He reaches his hand up and rubs your cheek. Your eyes widen a little as you hadn't expected that.

"Why do you have paint on your face?"

Your eyes immediately shift to Hobi. This makes Jin look at Hobi too. He has an exact matching paint stain on his opposite cheek. Jin looks at you then at him again.

"What were you guys even doing!" his voice is a mix of concern and genuine curiosity.

"Painting!" Hobi sputters. "We painted!"

"I'll go up and shower, Hyung. I'm borrowing your shirt. Okay thanks bye" Hobi speaks fast and leaves, closing the door behind him. It's almost like he's too embarrassed to even remember falling asleep in your bed.

Now it's just you and Jin and he's looking at you.

"I- I'll go get ready really quick"

He nods and lets go of you, not asking all the questions running in his mind. You come out about 10 minutes later, in jeans and a t-shirt with your hair up in a messy bun, curtain bangs framing your face as you start to come out of your room.

You see Jin standing in front of your and Hobi's 'painting' from last night. The colours are all wrong and it's a mess but in an aesthetic, abstract art kind of way. There's parts where your and Hobi's fingers seem to have painted over each other's. Or maybe it was while your fingers were intertwined. You'd have to sit and think about exactly everything that happened last night. But not yet, not right now.

Before you can make an attempt at making your presence known, Jin turns towards you. His face moves a second before his eyes do. It's something you didn't know you find attractive before this very second.

He smiles. "Oh hey cutie"

You smile too. "Hi. Coffee?" you go sit at the table. He joins you. You take a sip of your coffee and of course, it's heavenly. You groan in pleasure.

"It's almost unfair how good you are at cooking and stuff!"

He smiles while sipping his own.

"It's almost unfair how good you are at cooking and stuff!"He smiles while sipping his own