Chapter 3 - The Episode

Start from the beginning

"And we'll conduct a recon mission outside of the wall...."

-

Without much surprised, Erwin managed to sway the courtroom in the Scout's favour, with the undoubted help of Levi's promise of being able to kill the kid. Following the tribunal, Eren's wounds were tended to by a desperately curious Hange as a fraction of the Scouts congregated in a private room. Leah perched on the small sofa next to Eren, watching over his recovery. In her eyes he was more a guileless kid than a man-slaughtering monster. Miche stood staring out the window, as silent and unnerving as ever while Levi leaned on the wall opposite them, not looking at all guilty for the state he'd left the kid in. Now they were just waiting for Erwin.

"Does it hurt?" Hange inquired as they cleaned one of Eren's many wounds with a cotton swab. Eren grimaced, "Yeah."

"Yeah? Describe it to me!" Hange pressed excitedly and Eren made a disgruntled noise, looking to Leah for help. Leah just shook her head and laughed, "Ignore Hange-- Hange, give the kid a break, Levi just beat him up in front of some of the most important people in the military." Just then Erwin marched in and shut the door firmly behind him, regarding everyone with a brief head nod.

"Sorry for all that." Erwin said, closing the distance and standing before Eren, Hange and Leah. "But the theatrics did get you placed in our custody."

"No, I understand." Eren murmured, dabbing a damp cloth to his cheek.

"I can assure you, the pain was worth it. We played our trump card at the perfect time." Erwin lowered himself into a crouch, now eye level with Eren. "You have my utmost respect. Eren, I'm glad that you're on our team." With those words, Erwin extended a hand to the boy, a smile growing on his face. Another startled noise rose from Eren as he hurriedly shook the Commander's hand.

"Me too, glad to be here, Sir!" Eren blurted out as Levi ambled over. He threw himself down on the sofa next to Leah, causing Eren to jump. He was understandably rather skittish around Levi now. Leah rolled her eyes as the Captain flamboyantly crossed one leg over the other and rested an arm on the back of the sofa, his hand brushing briefly against her shoulder. "So, Eren. You don't resent me now, do you?" Leah snorted at Levi's words and looked to Eren for his response, a smirk on her features.

The boy looked terrified as beads of sweat pooled comically on his forehead. "N-no! I can see that what you did was necessary, Sir." Levi looked away, closing his eyes in a way that suggested he was satisfied with Eren's answer. "Good, then you understand."

"Still- don't you think you went too far! I mean you knocked his tooth out-" As Hange argued, they unravelled a clump of grey fabric to reveal a bloodied child's tooth. Leah's eyebrows brows rose instantly, reaching towards the ceiling in horror. "Ew, Hange! Is that Eren's tooth?" Leah turned her face away, closing her eyes tightly and shuddering. It was a gross sight.

"You picked it up!? How disgusting." Levi commented, turning up his nose.

"This is a precious sample, I'll have you know!" Hange shot back, admiring the tooth like it was a nugget of gold. A few seconds later Hange had convinced Eren to let them inspect his mouth. He sat there with his jaw slackened as Hange peered inside. Everyone in the room watched on as Hange let out a small gasp. "Your tooth... it grew... back."

-

By the next day, the Levi Squad began their journey from Trost to the perimeter of Wall Rose where their temporary new base was to be located, with Eren Jeager in tow: