Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

"You might as well be. You see each other at school, work and possibly elsewhere too." He bites back.

He is not wrong but it's good to see that his words aren't bitter. I'm sure he still has lingering feelings for Kennedy but he accepted that she doesn't like him back and he is moving on. I have my best friend back and I couldn't be happier. Now when I ask Kennedy out I know we will have his blessing. I wouldn't want to choose between my best friend and the girl I like.

"Dude chill she's not here yet. There's still time. Why are you so excited for her to get here anyway?" I ask him.

"That's for her to know and you to find out." He grins hoping from foot to foot excitedly.

"Fine with me. I'm going to get my sleeping bag from my car." I say and excuse myself.

I drove today because Parker couldn't drop me off. He had to stay home with Cairo and I didn't want to take the subway today. I arrive in the parking lot just as a silver Bentley is pulling up. A familiar old guy in a suit gets out and unlocks the back door for an even more familiar mop of red hair.

"Butler drop offs now. You ready to come out with the truth?" I ask Kennedy.

She's startled by my voice but once she looks around and spots me, she relaxes.

"Hi Iz." She waves shyly smiling at me.

I haven't seen her in more than a week so I can't resist pulling her in for a hug. She giggles when I straighten up with her in my arms, her legs lifting off the ground.

"I feel like I haven't see you in forever. I missed you." I confess.

Maybe Wesley is right, we should be glued to the hip because I see her everyday and when I don't something feels wrong with my day.

"I missed you too. Congratulations on your wins." She answers.

I finally set her down though I want to hug her much longer but it would be inappropriate as Glynn is around watching us.

"Thank you, you look better than the last time I saw you." I comment.

"Last time you saw me I looked like death but the flu is gone and I'm back to my regular old self." She grins twirling around happily.

"Good, I'm happy to see you all better. So what's with the butler?" I ask her looking at Glynn who's watching our whole interaction silently.

"He wouldn't let me take the bus so if anyone asks he's an uber driver. Plus I didn't want to ride the subway with all the food plus my sleeping bag and blanket." She explains.

"Makes sense, need help?" I ask her.

"Yes please." She replies and we round to the trunk of the car.

"Hello Glynn." I greet the kind older gentleman.

"Good evening sir." He replies politely.

"Sir? I like you Glynn." I grin.

I've never met a butler before and Glynn is a delight.

"The feeling is mutual." He answers making me smile wider.

"At least one person in that house likes me." I comment recalling my interaction with her parents.

"I like you." Kennedy speaks up.

"Two for two, I can handle those odds." I grin happily.

I'm counting on the fact that she does like me because tonight is the night we take our relationship to the next level.