Scars of Blondes

I shouldn't really be betting deals with the devil right now. That devil is River. Yet I feel my life needs a kick to it. Kind of.

Once the school bell rang, I couldn't wait to hit the eighth period. Aaron, River, and I agreed it would be best if only River distracts Hannah Merchingson. Thank the lord. I trudged my ass to Marketing class. Getting inside, I did the bell ringer and we started on the new chapter. I cannot wait to fucking high speed my way to baseball practice. Most boys there don't like rap, but there is always that one kid. I swear.

We always play Taylor swift music in the background while we scream our lungs out "Second!" "Cut off!" "Hold it Hold it!" Coach tells us if he can't hear us through the music, we aren't loud enough. If he didn't hear you say it, you'd be running around the field eight times. Or in our terms, a Baseball Suicide Run. The boys call it BSR, but I think it's fun threatening them saying "He'll tell you to do a Suicide run if ya don't scream it!"

Anyways, I had Volleyball practice right after it. So my days are always jam packed. When that last bell rang, I knew Hannah knew about the rumor. And I don't wanna say if it's true or not if I like Ace. In fact, I wanna say no. He's ugly and disgusting. But god his smile is so captivating I can't-

Ignore everyone. Everyone and anyone. They'll all ask you about the rumor. Knowing Hannah, she'd tell the whole damn school by now.

What a ruckus it'll be.

I made my way sprinting the hell out of there. River followed me. I knew she could catch up. Despite her hint of being artistic, she played Field hockey and was quick.

By the time I got to practice, I noticed Alec Smiths. Alec was our first base man. He could catch any ball you threw at him. Alec was connecting his speaker to his phone. Once he got it and the chit chat simmered down, Coach T-welly made the field. 

"Get up and start your runnin'!" He screamed as Alec turned the volume up, the exact height we always did. We ran around the field three times, then started throwin' balls. No. Stop. Get your head out of the gutter. I mean YOU!

Practice was my zone to relax. It was my place to forget everything. It's like I was at peace with the world. Despite everyone yelling out second, then third, then home, and first. I couldn't hear them. I knew what I was doing. 

Halfway through we went back inside. Oliver Mayfield brought up the rumor. Oliver is one of our Pitchers. Ahah! So it HAD spread through the school! Exactly, quicker than you could bat an eye.

"I heard from Hannah, Charleston, that you had some boy that caught your eye." He said, darting his thumb at me. God what a prune. 

"Any given name by chance?" I answered, seeming uninterested. Then his name popped up. His name.. It's like any fucking time I heard that weasel's name I my heart went berserk. It pumped faster and my head couldn't think right.

"Ace. Ace Hamilton. That football player with some weird X-shaped birthmark on his arm?" Oliver put his thumb down, pouring water down his throat.

"Nice to know Hannah is thinking about someone other than herself." I chuckled to myself as Oliver smiled. How cute of her. "But no, She's just trying to start the same thing up from last year with Rylie Brenson." 

Oliver nodded, figuring it was the same. So far, that's how all of this is playing out. The same. Honestly she can go find another pea in the pot to fuck around with.

"Figured. All she does is chat her mouth up with her duck bills." I laughed at Oliver's joke. He's not wrong though. Yet we still should keep it down. I put my curly hair up in a ponytail and got my helmet on to start batting. I couldn't wait to hit that baseball out of here.