Chapter 34: The Birds

Start from the beginning

A knock was heard on Aaliyah's window and she got off her bed and opened it. She was greeted by the familiar smile of Theo Raeken. "I brought ice cream and a movie." Aaliyah smiled grabbing the items from him as he climbed through the window. "Allison's back today, right?"

"Yes," Aaliyah sighed as she placed the movie he brought into the blue ray player.

"I'm guessing you're really excited about that?" Theo asked sarcastically as he got situated on Aaliyah's bed opening up the ice cream. Aaliyah sat next to him under the covers glaring at him.

"I don't want to talk about her." She snatched the ice cream out of his hand dipping the spoon in and taking a bite. She laughed at Theo glowing his yellow eyes at her, she brushed it off as she took another bite.

"Okay, fine. Just watch the movie then."

About an hour into the movie Aaliyah's phone rang. "Who's that?" Theo asked.

"Scott." Aaliyah answered the phone. "Hey. Did you get the tattoo?"

"Hey, uh. I did the tattoo but it didn't stick. It healed and disappeared."

"Oh, that sucks."

"Actually I called for another reason. Uh, Lydia and Allison are back and we ran into them."

"Scott." Aaliyah warning still not wanting to know anything about her ex.

"Just listen, okay. We were driving and a-a deer hit their car."

"They hit a deer?"

"No, they had stopped and a deer hit them." Scott specified.

"A deer...hit them?" Aaliyah doubted.

"Yes. It was scared. Do you know what that could mean?"

"No, I- I didn't even know that was possible. Why? Do you think something's gonna happen?"

"I don't know. I think maybe we should just watch out if something happens."

"Okay." Scott hung up and Aaliyah put her phone back down.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Aaliyah ran down stairs already running late on her first day of school. She walked by Liam in the kitchen grabbing toast off his plate. "That was mine!" Liam shouted at her.