chapter 3: the new girl

[THE NEW GIRL]"you looked back at me once, but I looked back two times"

[THE NEW GIRL]
"you looked back at me once,
but I looked back two times"

Song: right side of my neck - Faye Webster

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

     After class Aaliyah went to her locker and looked across the hall locking eyes with Allison until a red headed girl approached Allison. That girls name was Lydia Martin, and just happened to be Aaliyah's ex. Probably the most popular girl in school, she was dating the captain of the lacrosse team. Jackson Wittemore. Jackson walked up to Lydia pulling her into him placing a kiss on her lips. Aaliyah turned away.

"Can someone tell me how new girl is here all of five minutes, and she's already hanging out with Lydia's clique?" Harley asked walking up to Aaliyah, Scott, and Stiles. She wasn't exactly friends with them but they would say hello to each other in hallways and have conversations in passing.

"Because she's hot." Aaliyah said. "Beautiful people heard together." She said still staring at the girl. She listened in on their conversation.

"So, this weekend there's a party." Lydia told Allison.

"A party?" Allison questioned.

"Yeah, Friday night, you should come." Jackson invited her.

"Uh, I can't. It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking." Allison turned them down.

"You sure? I mean, everyone's going after the scrimmage." Jackson said. Which reminded Aaliyah about the scrimmage Friday. Same day as the full moon.

Aaliyah hated full moons. She's been dealing with them for years but still hasn't figured out how to make them less painful. They were even worse when there was a lacrosse game. She was on the cheer team so she had to be at every single game. And she had to stay calm while being thrown up into the air by other girls. Her main fear on full moons were if she were to lose control. She grew up hearing stories about monsters losing control and killing the people close to them, she always worried that would be her. It had gotten better over the years once she figured out that if she thought about Stiles, it was easier to connect to her human side, but it never went away.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶