chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"That's all that matters to me." He grinned, pecking her lips as Scott took a sneaky picture, adding it to his 'STOTTIE 4EVA' folder on his camera roll. "God, do you think he'll be done soon?"

"Soon, Stiles, these things take time." Lottie grinned, cupping his face gently before dragging him to the waiting area and forcing him to play UNO on their phones until Scott was done.

Once both Scott and Lottie were wrapped up and Stiles had an ice pack to the throbbing bump on his head, the trio made their way to Stiles' Jeep. Stiles held the door open for Lottie and helped lift her into the passenger seat before making his way round to the driver's seat, mumbling about his painful head as he did. As Stiles turned in his seat to look at his girlfriend, he was distracted by Scott hissing in discomfort.

"You okay?" Lottie asked, turning to face the young werewolf.

"It kinda burns. Don't you think?" Scott replied.

"No, but I only got something small. Not two giant solid black bands." Lottie shrugged.

"Yeah, and you did just have your skin punctured by a needle like a hundred thousand times." Stiles added unhelpfully as Lottie slapped his arm gently. He muttered an apology before turning back to Scott who was now pulling at the wrapping of his tattoo.

"Yeah, but I don't know if it's supposed to be like this." He moved to sit up more and almost folded in pain. "This definitely doesn't feel right. I think--I think I gotta' take it off." Scott began to unravel the bandage as Stiles began to protest, leading Lottie to cover his eyes with one hand and cover her own eyes with the other, making sure to leave a gap to peek through.

"It- it healed." Scott sighed dejectedly as he looked down at his now tattoo-free arm. Lottie smiled sympathetically as she uncovered both her own eyes and Stiles'.

"Oh, thank God. I hated it." Stiles cringed, immediately apologising when Lottie sent him a scathing look. "Sorry, sorry."

"Look, Scotty, if you're adamant about this tattoo, I'll come up with a solution for you okay?" Lottie told the boy as she began to think of a certain sourwolf alpha.

"I don't think I want you drawing and colouring my arm everyday Lotts." Scott sighed, missing what she meant completely.

"Bold of you to assume I'd do it everyday, besides you definitely don't shower everyday, I can smell you from the front seat." Lottie joked, poking her tongue out at the boy as a car sped past them. "Fucking hell, no such thing as a speed limit in Beacon Hills huh?"

The trio began driving as Stiles looked hesitantly in his rearview back at Scott, asking the dreaded question, "So, have you spoken to Allison much over the summer?"

"And that's a hattrick!" Lottie chimed, hitting Stiles on the arms one final time, mockingly scowling as he smiled at her.

The trio pulled up to a set of traffic lights, slowing at a red light as Scott examined his newly healed arm and replied, "No, we agreed to give each other the summer. No texts, no calls." He sighed as Lottie turned back in her seat and held out her hand for him to hold which he took gratefully.

"So how do you know she won't be back at school?" Stiles asked. He knew that Lottie hadn't spoken to Allison since the night of the Kanima attack. When he found out that Allison had shot his girlfriend he was furious, that was until Lottie said, she didn't want there to be more of a divide then there already was. Allison was a topic Lottie didn't want approached by anyone other than herself, it was their fallout, nobody else's.

"After everything that happened? I'm not sure she's coming back at all." Scott mumbled as Stiles looked past Lottie at the car next time them, his jaw dropping.