The New Maid (Chapter 16)

Start from the beginning

" I'm really sorry this happened to you, Ms. Jauregui, but if it's one thing I've learned, is that time heals everything.. It doesn't happen instantly, it takes time, but you'll be okay.. You've got this whole city, you can meet a young lady, and fall in love.."

Lauren giggled, " I don't know about falling in love.. at least not yet.. I just want to concentrate on doing good in art school... Painting is the only way I could forget her, or at least attempt to.."

" You're saying that now.. and I don't doubt you'll do amazing in art school, but you'll meet someone that will treat you right.."

" I guess only time will tell, right?", Lauren smiled at George as she sat tightly on her seat, and closed her eyes.

Lauren started art school almost immediately after she settled into her apartment. George helped her remodel because Lauren wanted to have a more " grown up feel" to her new home.

Everything happened so quick..The first few weeks of art school, and living in a completely different country was difficult at first, but she got used to it. She became great friends with George especially after they realized they had a lot in common, like the same taste in women. George would drive her around the city, and Lauren found herself falling more in love with her new home as the days turned into weeks, and weeks eventually turned into years. Time spun so fast for Lauren, and all along, she had one girl on her mind, Camila Cabello.

Lauren dated a few girls, but nothing every turned serious because she was always too busy with school. Lauren became the great artist that she had always dreamed of in a total of eight years. She was finally able to open up her own art gallery, and she had enough art work to display, she was extremely proud of herself, and deep down in her heart she hoped Camila was too.. After Laurens gallery became known to the public, there were wealthy people from around the world that would come to London, and buy portraits off of her.

Although, she made a lot of money off her work, Lauren never kept any of it.. She donated every single penny to different charities. Lauren never cared about the money, she cared about being known, and indeed she was recognized all over the world.

Laurens most popular paintings where of Ana.. she had many different versions, and somehow they caught the most attention. No one knew who Ana was, they just knew her big brown eyes were mysteriously passionate.

Lauren stood in front of her art gallery, she stood there, and admired her hard work. Life could possible be perfect if only she had what she loved the most.. but as she stood there, she realized that perhaps everything happened for a reason, and through the years she learned to live without Camila.. Lauren never hated Camila, infact, she could have sworn she loved her more and more each day..

" So what do you think, George?", Lauren held on to one of her paintings as George moved furniture around her gallery.

" About what Ms. Jauregui?"

" About this.. about my work? About me actually accomplishing something for once in my life.. I mean, I became the well know artist that I dreamt of my whole life.. but tell me why I still feel something missing?", Lauren turned around to face George.

" Because you have unfinished work back at home.. don't you think its time you visit your parents?"

Lauren held on to her hair, " I don't know if I'm ready to go back.. I mean, I call them basically everyday.."

" Ms. Jauregui, we both know you miss your parents, and you're dying to see them, as much as they want to see you.. I never understood why you never let them visit you? I hope you realize that's torture for them.."