16.0 sanatio

Chapter XVI-sanatio
Meaning healing process

It was a hard time for Danialla and Koa, but they were managing. nauvera's parents thought it'd be a good idea for them to take care of Koa for a while as Danialla started to get back on her feet and move forward.

Danialla didn't like the thought of leaving Koa, but everyone thought that at least a week, so with Koa's approval, she let him stay with his grandparents. She was staying with the Beavers for a while. They lived out near the Western Woods. Mrs. Beaver and Mr. Beaver were very kind and patient to the girl. If she thought that she needed time to herself, she would just go out, leaving a note for Mr. and Mrs. Beaver to let them know that she was out. It was like they understood her and she was grateful there were people–or Narnians–that didn't push her to open up.

One day on her walk, Aslan was going to visit her. She was just walking around the woods. The dryads would occasionally come around and smile and wave at the girl. She would do also, but her heart just wasn't in the right place to do it naturally. The dryads knew why. It was the beginning of fall and the water was cooling down and the leaves started to turn into beautiful colours. The dryads would soon find themselves into the trees again until spring.

Aslan was a little farther behind her as he watched Danialla bend down to the river and feel the water. He stepped closer to the girl. "Danialla."

He spoke quietly and sadly. He knew she was losing faith in him. Danialla turned quickly and saw the great lion.

"Aslan!" her gasp left her. She hadn't expected to see the Great Lion of Narnia. The last she heard from the Great Lion's whereabouts were at the Lone Islands. Aslan bowed his head slightly as he nodded at the girl.

"Hello, dear child."

Danialla looked around and started chuckling a little, "You know, Aslan. I tried to listen to my parents, you know? Every night since Pa passed, I always thought of what you said," she bit her lip, "Now, everyone except for my nephew is gone. What did I do wrong?"

Aslan blinked softly, "Dear Child, don't you remember what I said I would say when I came back? I promise that it all will be alright in the end."

Danialla shook her head. "No! No, I lost everyone! I will never recover from all of the pain. I lost my best friend, then my brother and dad, then Mum, and now vera? How many more losses do I have to deal with until I completely break Aslan?"

Aslan frowned deeply, "You lost faith, dear one."

Danialla's teary eyes focused on Aslan. She watched him and finally let it all out. She knew that Aslan was right. She lost faith in so much that she couldn't even recongise herself anymore. She lost faith in herself, Aslan, and her dreams.

"Danialla, I know that it will be hard, but Koa will need you and you will recover. You just need to let people in to help you. I promise, Dear Child."

Danialla shook her head, "I'm afraid if I get close again to someone, they're going to die like the others, or leave me. Susan is literally in Archenland right now looking for a husband. She doesn't even know about vera right now. Then there's Al who I feel as if I haven't spoken to since Tracae died."

Aslan spoke upon wise words, "You are growing up. Life will get to the point where your childhood is in the past, but you shall never forget it. You will learn that this year. Promise me that every now and then you'll act like a normal teenager. The Pevensies' and so many other's will be willing to watch over young Koa."