"Story I know you love your brother but if your always holding him he won't learn to crawl" I said sitting on the couch next to Christopher.

We sat body to body as I leaned into his side. He wrapped his arm around me. "Your mothers right Story"

Story extended her bottom lip over her top tilting her head down. She gave us the saddest puppy eyes while still holding the baby.

"Come on baby you can put him down" I said calmly.

I watched as Story bent down gently laying Eissa on his back. "Turn him onto his stomach" Christopher spoke.

She turned him around laying him stomach first onto the soft rug. Eissa lifted his head up looking at me, his eye contact brought a smile upon my face making his smile grow. He smiled big flashing his little tongue and two teeth.

"You got it Eissa Go!" Story leaned over him encouraging him to crawl.

Eissa laid there laughing and squealing those sweet baby noises. He was so innocent and precious I didn't want to rush him.

"Take your time baby" I said as he maintained his eye contact with me.

"No I don't want to wait no longer" Christopher whined throwing his head back.

"Hush he'll crawl when he's ready" I said nudging him. Christopher and I glanced at each other with smirks on our faces.

"MOM! DAD" Story yelled getting our attentions.

Once we looked down Eissa was up in his crawling position but he wasn't crawling. Instead he was looking up at Story lifting his head.

Story held her hands to her face widening her eyes. "I swear he started to crawl but he stopped"

"Yeah because you scared him yelling like that" Christopher said getting up from the couch leaving my side.

He stood between Story and Eissa crouching down to Story's level. "Remember what I told you about never giving up" he said to her.

Story nodded her head fast. "Watch Eissa won't give up. Even though you scared him, he's gonna keep trying" he said looking back at the baby.

Eissa was sitting on his butt watching Christopher as if he could understand. Christopher looked flabbergasted at the sight of Eissa sitting making a dramatic facial expression. Eissa laughed at his father.

"What are you doing boy? You need to crawl" Christopher easily flipped Eissa on his belly.

Eissa laid on his belly for a second. "Do I have to show you" Christopher said getting on all fours.

Christopher smiled at Eissa waiting for him to follow. I watched my silly husband from the edge of the couch with a toothless smile. Eissa did as Christopher getting on all fours smiling showing us those teeth.

"Good job Emoney"

Christopher gave Eissa his nickname last month. Ever since he's been calling him Emoney. He's having to much fun with the nicknames.

We waited about five seconds in silence until Eissa finally looked forward. He lifted his little hand up forward following with his little leg and he repeated. Story dropped her jaw looking between Christopher and I.

Eissa kept crawling without falling. He kept going straight as he babbled to himself. I instantly jumped up from the couch to grab him before he crawled into the glass sliding door.

"Oh my god" I spoke smiling bringing him to my face. "You did so good Eissa!"

In that same month was Christopher's fiftieth birthday. I planned on getting him alone and spending the day with him. I know it's selfish of me to plan the day with him and no one else. But I don't feel like sharing between work and the kids we barley get alone time. So I asked our nanny to watch the kids for the day.

"Happy Birthdaaayy" I sung while walking into the kitchen.

Christopher gave me a smile putting down his coffee mug. He opened his arms for me to walk into. He held me in his warm embrace kissing my forehead with his soft lips.

"Thank you" he kissed me again. "Thank you"

"Come on I'm taking you to the beach house for the day" I said pulling on his pajama pants.

"Wait Al wanted to take me out tonight"

My face frowned as I jerked my head back. "So your picking him over your wife?"

He began to chuckle flashing that handsome smile. "No, it's just that Al's been saying he was planning something. He got some of my old friends showing up, I want you to come too"

"Al does the same shit for you every year!"

He tilted his head back looking down at me. "Tell him this is my year" I said. "Come on ditch him and spend the day with me" I said sliding his hands down from my back to my ass. Christopher's face began leaning closer to mine as he gave me a sensual look.

"Ewww!" I began laughing knowing that was Story's voice. "Gross" she said making a gaging noise.

Christopher removed his hands from me pulling away. I turned around to see Story against the wall covering both of her eyes with her right hand.

"You can look silly" I said in a sarcastic tone.

She slowly but surely removed her hands while squinting her eyes as if she was scared to look. "Happy Birthday dad" she said in an enthusiastic tone.

"Thank you baby, give me a hug" he said.

Seeing Christopher being a father to my kids is so reassuring. Growing up I always told myself I'd marry a man the complete opposite of my father. Christopher is the complete opposite of Jospeh. He's not afraid to express and show his love when it comes to the kids. He's just what I wanted.
————————————————————————————
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Vote and comment for more🫶🏽✨