What are you doing here?

Harmony POV

When I saw him in the kitchen smiling and chatting with my mother, I felt as if I was getting a visit from the devil because I did something wrong, and he's here to punish me for my wrongdoing. How could my mother have let in someone like him? She doesn't even know who he is, yet she has invited him into our home and is chatting with him like they have been acquainted with each other for years. I have only met him two times, and both meetings weren't pleasant. From those two meetings, I have already labeled him as an asshole. The shock I felt kept me completely rooted in where I was standing.

"Oh, Harmony, there you are," my mother said once she finally noticed my presence. "Glad that you're finally awake because I was about to come upstairs to wake you up," she said, smiling. "And look, we have a visitor." She gestured to Mr. Rivers, who was sitting beside her on one of the kitchen stools. He was dressed in his Armani suit as usual, looking at me with that disgusting look, like he's telling me that he won. Won what? We weren't playing a game, but it seems as if he was.

"I'll leave you two to catch up," she said, getting up to leave the room. I wanted to tell her to get rid of her guest, but how could I when she left the room before I could open my mouth? And like that, my mother left me with an insane man. Because why would a man of his caliber follow a woman who has refused his advances across the state to the countryside? This is a different type of stalker that you don't see every day. It is not the worst, but it is questionable. Can't his ego and pride handle a rejection?

Ignoring him as best I could, I decided to make my breakfast. The thing is that when the devil doesn't want you to have peace, he will ruin it with his words. "Didn't you hear what your mother said? She said we should catch up," he announced in a deep voice. I couldn't help but look at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked instead of telling him to get lost in the not-so-nicest way. I really wanted to chase him away, but first I thought, Why not listen to why he is here? He is probably here to give me the job offer instead of his ridiculous offer of marriage. My thought was as crazy has this man sitting in front of me. Why would he travel from NYC to give me a job when he could do that in the first place? He is probably here for some sick reason.

"To see my fiancé," he told me with a straight face. He didn't sound like he was joking about it. I looked at him, confused. Whose fiancé? Is he mad? He must be. I wonder if he's suffering from a medical condition that makes him so delusional that he made up a story in his head that I am his fiancé. I laughed, thinking he was making a joke.

"Haha, very funny. Now tell me why you're here." I asked again, hoping to get the truth, but his answer remained the same.

"Honey." Shocked by what he called me, I gave him a look to say, 'Are you okay?' He has really gone mad. Who is his honey? "I know you're mad, but we can work this out," he pleads. What the actual hell is going on here? I might be still dreaming. I thought to myself because there is no way that this man in front of me is acting affectionate and being sorry like a couple that had an argument with each other. "Harmony, please let's talk this out, for the sake of our love that we have for each other." The way my name rolled off his tongue was like sugar, filled with affection, love, and longing. He really wanted us to work through our differences and get back together.

It was getting harder for me to say something the more he talked. He was leaving me speechless, not because of the fake affection in his words, but because what he was saying was pure absolute lies. There was no truth in his sentence.

"Are you on drugs?" This was the only question I could ask after hearing all that. If his words weren't enough to befuddle me, he got up from where he was sitting to hold my hands. I was so shocked; my brain wasn't working properly to send any other reaction.