1 - Don't Ph34r the Reaper

My God! Doesn't this thing ever run out of bullets!

It had been at least twenty minutes since the Blues had been pinned down, and the Reds' infinite stream of lead had yet to show any signs of stopping.

Tucker: You know, in hindsight, we should have brought the tank.

Jason: None of us can even drive the damn thing.

Tucker: Beats hiding behind a rock.

Church: Yeah, I'm with Tucker on this one.

Tucker: Ha!

Jason: (Yells) We're gonna fucking die!

The remaining member of Blue Team approached the vehicle in question, Caboose pulling open the cockpit and getting comfortable within the Scorpion. . .

The engine roared to life and the front light gleamed.

Hello, and thank you for activating the M808-C Main Battle Tank.

You make call me, Shiela.

Caboose: Hello. . . Shiela. Big tank lady.

Shiela: Would you like me to run the tutorial program?

Caboose: Oh, that would be very nice.

Shiela: Tutorial program, activating. This program is intended to instruct non-certified personnel in the use of this Scorpion Class Tank. Let's begin with some driving.

Okay!

The Blues still sat tight, sort of awkwardly looking at one another. Tucker began to hum, Jason leaned back on the rock, and Church mused on how exactly they were going to get out of this situation.

Church: . . .

The Blue Leader then noticed something attached to Jason's legs.

Church: Is that what I think it is?

Jason: What?

Church: That. You've been tinkering with it for a while. Did you get it working?

Jason: (Frowns) Not sure. I was going to take it out for a test run after we checked out the tank, but. . . all this shit happened.

Church: Well, no time like the present.

Jason: (Blanches) You do know of this doesn't work, my legs will literally snap off right?

Church: Well, if we don't get out of here, none of will have legs.

The Teal Soldier let out a sigh and rose to his feet, pressing a silver button on his right thigh as he did. The legs of his armor began to emit a bright green light from its crevices while the young man hopped from one leg to another to brace himself for what came next. . .