1 - Rookies

Days had passed since the Red Team suffered their first major defeat. Their flag was still in enemy hands, and to help even the odds, their new rookie had arrived. . .

Simmons: That is not what happened! You got YOUR ass kicked!

Grif: Yeah, he had to kick my ass. You just tripped and fell, and then we lost the flag.

Simmons: Bullshit! The Blue practically had our lives in his hands!

Grif: Then stop just blaming this all on me! Sarge's already given me enough crap!

As the two argued atop the base, Franklin Delano Donut made his presence known.

Donut: Excuse me, uh sirs?

The Reds turned to see another soldier clad in deep crimson, just like their Sergeant.

Grif: Sirs? Aw crap.

Donut: I was told to report to Blood Gulch Outpost Number One and speak to whoever's in charge.

Grif: Sarge's at command figuring out how to get our flag back. No one's in charge today.

The Maroon Solider just smirked.

Simmons: Actually, private. Sarge left me in charge while he's gone.

Grif: Only cause you're such a kiss-ass.

Simmons: He also said if I had any trouble with you. . .

He cleared his throat and prepared his best Sarge impression, getting the sergeant down but missing the southern.

Simmons: "Get in the Warthog and crush your head like a tomato can."

Grif: . . . That's the worst impression I've ever heard.

Back to the topic at hand, they turned back to their new member.

Simmons: Alright, Rookie. What's your story?

Donut straightened his posture and saluted his superiors.

Donut: Private Donut reporting for duty, sir! I'm ready to fight some aliens!

The Orange Soldier shared a glance with his Maroon counterpart before slamming a palm against his visor.

Grif: We're never getting that flag back. . .

Simmons: Nope.

On the other end of Blood Gulch, a Pelican Dropship touched down and delivered the package to Blue Team. . .

A glorious Scorpion Tank.

Oh, and Michael J. Caboose.

Caboose: So I say to the guy, "How are you gonna get the tank down to the planet?" And he goes. . . "I'll just put it on the ship." And I go, "If you've got a ship that can carry a tank, why not just put guns on the ship and use it instead?"

Tucker: Hey Kid.

Caboose: Yeah?

Tucker: You're ruining the moment. Shut up.

Caboose: Oh. Okay. You got it, man!

All four members of Blue Team stood before their newly acquired tank, and could only imagine the destructive potential of their new weapon.