The door to the room unlocks and is pushed open, clanging when it bashes into the wall. I stare up at Landon as he glances down at me, that foul smile on his face that could give children nightmares.

I keep my expression neutral as he steps inside, the soles of his shoes clacking against the floor. His hands are tucked behind his back, two guards behind him and staring straight ahead.

My teeth clamp down around my tongue, watching him under hooded eyes as he bends down to my level. His hand raises and he grasps my chin, I know better to pull out of his touch but the feeling of his skin on mine feels like sandpaper. Just wrong. So wrong.

"Such a pretty little thing when you're black and blue," he purrs and it sends a wave of discomfort down my spine. I remain silent as he sucks in a sigh. "What a little performance we put on for your brother and your... lover. Such a shame that things won't work out for you, or them."

Don't react. Don't react. Don't react.

His head tilts when I don't respond and he tuts. "You're not going to talk to me?"

I bite back a response. Instead I stare him down with an icy glare.

Before I know it, his hand is raised and he backhands me across the face. Leaving a lash of fire burning against my cheek in the process, the dried blood in my mouth comes alive again and I've started to hate the taste of tangy coins.

It repulses me.

"When I ask you a question," he spits angrily. "I don't expect you to sit there and say nothing, you little brat."

I feel my lip begin to quiver but I don't want to give him that satisfaction, so I draw my head back to him and blink away the pressure in my eyes. I ignore the throbbing in my cheek and I open my lips.

"I don't know what to say," I admit through a whisper.

Landon's smile slants to the side as he inspects me, dragging a finger down the curve of my cheek. My heart rattles when I see his hand inch closer, not wanting to be on the receiving end of his abuse.

"Then how about we both shut up and I get a feel of that luscious skin of yours," his eyes flash over my body and the sliver of skin that is on show on my chest and arm.

I feel my stomach churn inside me as he extends his tongue to lick his lips, using his eyes to describe the vile things he wants to do to me. I can see them run through his mind and I resist the urge to whimper.

Show no emotion. Show no emotion.

He raises his fingers again and drops it down the side of my cheek. I hold my breath. My eyes fill with tears but I refuse to let them fall, he studies my face and exhales a long breath that hits my face and makes me grimace at the warmth.

"So beautiful," he grunts. "I'm dying to find out what had Lonzo so damn whipped."

My throat tenses at the tone of his words. I silently gasp in horror as his hand slips down my neck and across my chest. I press my lips together and glance up at the ceiling, no longer able to look at him.

He repulses me. Sends my last meal curdling.

"You don't like to talk," he grips my chin and forces my eyes back down. "But I'll make good use of that mouth."

"No.' I say through gritted teeth.

Landon's eye twitches. "What did you just say to me?"

I can't hold it in anymore. I refuse to let him touch me. "No."

He backhands me again and more blood forms in my mouth before he grabs my hair and yanks my head backwards. He presses his lips to my jaw and my chin before grinning at me wildly. "Well you don't get a say in what I do," he snarls. "You're on my property, I own you now. I can do whatever I want with your sweet, innocent little body and no one is going to stop me. No matter how much you cry, how much you beg. No one is coming to save you."