Arisilar | Vandiyathevan-Kundavai

(A/N): This chapter was requested by SrivibhaSrivibha

Also, requests are closed. :)

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

The Arisilar flowed peacefully, undisturbed. The only sounds that could be heard were the chirpings of birds and the gentle ripple of the water.

That was until a golden chariot halted there.

"Carefully, Devi." Said Vandiyathevan as he held out his hand to help the blindfolded Kundavai step down.

"It's the banks of the Arisilar, isn't it?"

"How did you find out?" Asked Vandiyathevan as he removed the blindfold.

He had driven the chariot himself to bring her here.

"It was too obvious, mister. I saw that you took me on the same route I used to come here before my eyes were covered. And wouldn't I recognize this place dear to my heart?" She explained as she looked around, clearly delighted. He took a basket of fruits from the chariots.

They sat down under a tree.

"Ah...this is peace," Vandiyathevan said as he stretched his arms, grabbed Athipazham from the basket, and took a bite.

"Tell me a good name for a baby, Vallavare."

"Wha-"

Vallavan almost choked on the food and started coughing. After recovering, he looked at her wide-eyed. "Is this true?"

"Nah. Just asking for suggestions."

He raised an eyebrow. "For a boy or a girl?"

"Say for both."

"Avvai?" He said smiling mischievously. "Oh, be serious!" Shot back Kundavai, gently pulling his ear.

"Okay, okay! Narumugizh, Valarmathi aaaand... Inthamizh if a girl. And Mathiyazhagan, Chezhiyan or just Komagan if a boy."

"Chezhiyan?" Repeated Kundavai, sounding aghast. "Chezhiyan is a Pandiyan name! I just told you to stop fooling around!"

"Weren't you just asking for names?"

"Whatever. I'm going for a walk in the woods." She said and stood up. "Shall I accompany you?" He asked earnestly.

"No."

Kundavai disappeared behind the trees.

"Why are women so unpredictable?!" Vandiyathevan wondered, annoyed and looked at the water.

'Go take a dip, Vandiyatheva.' His mind commanded him.

And so he did (mindlessly), without even taking off his angavastram.

His furrowed eyebrows started to relax. He suddenly remembered the crocodile incident and smiled. As embarrassing as it was, wasn't it the second time he saw her?

He would've never known back then that that heavenly damsel would become his wife.

Two young women who had come to collect some water started to giggle looking at him. Vandiyathevan broke out of his reverie and turned to them, his face flushing. He was secretly glad that he hadn't taken off his clothes for the bath.

"Uh, hello there ladies?"

The women started giggling harder. "Who are you?" Asked one.

"Hush! He looks royal." The other one whispered to her friend, looking serious.