Magizhchi | Karikalan-Nandhini

This chapter was requested by Blue_Ixora :)

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Nandhini was oiling her hair in a corner of her anthapuram all alone. The afternoon sun could hardly throw his beams in the room. Vasuki walked in, her face grim.

"Devi, we have received a message." Vasuki informed while fidgeting an arrow with a small palm leaf struck into it.

"Who's it from?" Nandhini asked without looking back. Vasuki carefully plucked the olai. "It says it's from Madhuranthanka Thevar."

"Maduranthakan? Read it."

"To the Pazhuvoor Ilaya Rani,
I hope you are doing well. I've proposed a meeting with Kundavai in Pazhayarai, under the pretext that I'm going to overlook the opening of the new hospital. I request that you too join us, for this would be a great opportunity to regain the Chozha throne given on loan to Sundara Chozhan.
Do convey my regards to Periya Pazhuvettarayar.
Madhuranthanka Thevan
"This is what has been written by him, Devi."

"No. Not Pazhayarai."

"For the glory of the Pandiyargal?"

"No."

"For your life?" Vasuki said, emphasizing the last word with a dangerous tone.

"You and the Aabathudavigal don't know about me."

"Nor do we care. Go, I feel that this is a golden opportunity."

Nandhini finally looked back, her oily palms fisted.

"Why would that coward Madhuranthankan send a message through an arrow? Don't you think something's wrong?" She protested.

•••

Nandhini stepped down from the palanquin. She had reached beautiful Pazhayarai, the place she despised with all her heart. The place where she was humiliated.

Atop the steps leading to the palace, stood the princess with an anthill on her forehead, the Ilaya Piratti Kundavai. She sneered down at her with a arathi thattu. Sembiyan Maadeviyaar too was there with an unreadable expression.

After taking her arathi, Kundavai led Nandhini to her alloted room.

"Might I ask, hasn't Madhuranthaka Thevar come yet? I expected to see him here." Nandhini said.

"I do agree that my chittappan is known for his handsomeness, but aren't yo-" Kundavai started, but was interrupted by Nandhini. "He is now like my Marumagan, Pirattiyare. Can't a mother-in-law speak to her son-in-law freely?"

Both of them forced a smile.

"Very well. But he isn't in Pazhayarai, and I don't think he will come for a few more weeks. He and his family have gone to Thiruvannamalai." She replied.

"Oh, really...?" Nandhini asked, her voice trailing off in thought.

Who sent her the message?

•••

Nandhini was sitting on a chair and nervously biting her fingernail.

An arrow whizzed past her face and struck a pillar.

"Great. Now she'll think I damaged her property." Nandhini mumbled and read the attached message.

You must've found out that the sender of this message is not Madhuranthankan by now. I want you to meet me behind at the banyan tree behind the Thirumal temple. Your time to escape starts now.

Ponniyin Selvan-Untoldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें