Sadaya Vizha | Arulmozhi

(A/N): Dedicated to one of the greatest kings ever!

This is my last chapter, published on Aippasi Sadayam (25/10/2023). Rajaraja Chozhan was born under the Sadayam star and this day is celebrated with great celebration in Thanjavur as Sadaya Vizha. (If he were alive today he would be 38... plus 1000.)

I've tried to add historical facts/story references about Rajarajan and his reign, which you can find in the paragraph comments (???) (Idk what that feature is called.)

Thank you all so so sooo much for your love, support and comments. Your requests too were helpful whenever I had a writer's block. It was nice finding a little fandom for PS here on Wattpad ♡

Will see you all in other stories (If I'm able to continue those)

Hope you all like this chapter!

The soft morning sunlight gently woke Arulmozhi Varman up

The soft morning sunlight gently woke Arulmozhi Varman up. He opened his eyes to see Vanathi, looking like the very embodiment of happiness.

"For how long have you been sitting here?" He asked. His morning voice was sonorous and husky.

"Say 'aa'!"

As he opened his mouth, she fed him some sweet Pongal. "Mmm." He closed his eyes and relished it.

"Agavai dhina vaazhthukkal!"

"Ah, so that's why you've ordered the cooks to make this delicacy."

"The cooks didn't make this one. I made it..." She said coyly. He beamed at her "I love it! Feed me some more." Delighted, she fed him another mouthful.

"There's some sticking near your mouth, you look like a child." She laughed, her dimple peeking out. He wiped it off. "A bearded child?"

"Yes."

"A bearded child who is the Chozha emperor and has a beautiful, loving wife who makes him Pongal only once a year?" He asked.

"Kadavule! I'll make food for you more often. Happy?"

He nodded cheekily as she fed him some more.

"Here, this is the last mouthful. After finishing this, my beloved Ponniyin Selvan, my Yaanai Paagan must go take a bath in the Ponni river. Got it?"

"As you say, Arasi." He said and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Chi! You haven't even bathed yet. Don-"

"You are sweeter than that Pongal, Thiribhuvana."

Vanathi's cheeks turned a bright red. "Go, don't flatter me early in the morning." She said and ran off.

He laughed and made his way to the Kaveri.

•••

After doing his morning duties, Varman dressed up in a regal red and gold outfit. His rather long hair was now elaborately arranged in a Jadaa Magudam, supported with golden diadems. He silently prayed to Lord Vaitheeshwaran and walked out to be flanked by Thiripuvanamaadevi, Lokamaadevi, Chozhamaadevi and Panjavanmaadevi, each trying to walk right beside him. He chuckled and walked on to his Akka's room.