Ponnu Pakradhu-A Modern AU | Arulmozhi-Vanathi and others

The members of the Chozha Illam had finished their dinner.

"Sad, but I can't help you. You were the one who chose Bio-Maths. Fish? Because you like fish...and nature?" Arulmozhi was merrily talking to someone on his phone.

Vanathi stood behind the sofa on which he was seated.

"Who's it?" She whispered.

"It's Poonguzhali, the girl from Bio-Maths. You know, that girl who I try to talk with in the corridors, and then PT sir finds me and drags me off?" He replied.

"Oh."

"Hey, Vanathi! When did you come?" Karikalan, who had just come back from the office, asked happily.

"Just now Anna. How are you?"

"I'm fine. What's this guy doing?"

"Talking to a friend of his. Girl."

"Yeah, sure. Bye!" Arulmozhi cut the call.

"Mark my words, Arul. Paatti will never let you fall in love with that girl."

"There he goes. He has started his Nandhini-Puranam again." Quipped Arulmozhi.

"I didn't even mention her name!"

"You were about to."

"No! My whole personality isn't that breakup. Honestly, people in this house think that I'm a lovesick idiot nowadays."

"YES!" Madhu shouted.

Both Vanathi and Arulmozhi tried to stifle their laughter.

"I don't need you to confirm it, chittappa," Karikalan said.

"Ey, I was talking to my mother. She couldn't hear me upstairs. Don't talk without knowing what truly happened."

The housemaids were packing murukkus in a big steel jar.

"Is it a special day tomorrow?" Vanathi asked.

"Of course it is! Chittappa ku ponnu paaka poranga. (They are going to visit a prospective bride for Chittappa). They're going to see the daughter of the younger Pazhuvoor brother." Arulmozhi replied.

The Pazhuvoor Loan Agency was a famous money lending company, handled by two brothers. They were close to the Chozha Group of Companies.

"He's going to impress our Chitti-to-be by singing a Thevaram." Kundavai joked. She and Mahadevi just stepped down the stairs. Madhuranthakan rolled his eyes.

"Arul, what do you mean 'poranga'? Aren't you coming?" Devi asked.

"No ma. I'm sorry Chittappa, but I have some incomplete schoolwork to do."

"Ma, who cares if he doesn't come? We'll take Vanathi with us!" Said Kundavai.

"Akka, my family, and the Pazhuvoor brothers have a... history. So, I don't think it would be good for me to come."

"Okay, dear. Kar-" Devi started. "No," Karikalan said. "I have some work to do tomorrow."

"Don't worry Chittappa, I'll come with you all." Kundavai patted his shoulder.

•••

The morning dawned up the mansion, bathing it in a golden light.

The murukku jar was being carefully stored in the boot of the Fortuner.

"Madhu chittappa, you look like a Kaliyuga Krishnan! Chitti will definitely fall for you!" Arulmozhi said.

"Even Krishna will feel jealous of you, you look that good." Added Karikalan.